Last Movie You Watched...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Troll Hunter- Norwegian film students follow a troll hunter at work...shakey cam delight...

Lockout
-I did not expect to like it at all, but Guy Pearce won me over as a Snake Blisken rip-off sent ta a space prison to save the president's daughter

Hunger Games- I love Jennifer Lawrence, and the whole cast is good, the pacing seems off in the middle, but all in all not too shabby.

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Silent House. Lizzy Olsen was great, as usual, and there were some scary moments in the film. I enjoyed, even if most other people didn't.

Dodge

Sparks fly off my pages!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgewinston.com
Just finished Hunger Games. I found it to be a poor mix of The Running Man, Survivor, and The Condemned.

Let's have children fight to the death as tribute to the past world war and to honor each current represented district. The goal - to live rich and have all the food you can stuff into your mouth.

YAY!

What a waste of my time. I hear the book is better and almost always is when it comes to movies.

warofthesparks

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Hunger Games. I found it to be a poor mix of The Running Man, Survivor, and The Condemned.

Let's have children fight to the death as tribute to the past world war and to honor each current represented district. The goal - to live rich and have all the food you can stuff into your mouth.

YAY!

What a waste of my time. I hear the book is better and almost always is when it comes to movies.

I don't know what you mean by this, but if you mean what I suspect, then you've got it wrong. The Games are punishment for the war and to keep all the districts in line. The prize of living rich and having food (which there is a shortage of outside the Capitol) is bittersweet and only comes about after having killed other innocent people trying to reach the same goal.

Dodge

Sparks fly off my pages!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dodgewinston.com
I don't know what you mean by this, but if you mean what I suspect, then you've got it wrong. The Games are punishment for the war and to keep all the districts in line. The prize of living rich and having food (which there is a shortage of outside the Capitol) is bittersweet and only comes about after having killed other innocent people trying to reach the same goal.

Taking as tribute... taking as punishment... you say tomato, I say tomahto. The movie lacked back story imo. But wait there's more... the whole thing was up to par with the Twilight movies... weak in just about every way. That's just my opinion.

Nataanii

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
VHS was the last flick I saw

The last movie I watched was this horror picture called VHS...it was THE dumbest film I have seen in a long time.....the only funny part was the alien or reptilian girl in the beginning who kept saying "I like you" lol the way she said it was hilarious, lol

warofthesparks

Registered
Reaction score
Taking as tribute... taking as punishment... you say tomato, I say tomahto. The movie lacked back story imo. But wait there's more... the whole thing was up to par with the Twilight movies... weak in just about every way. That's just my opinion.

I didn't think it was the best adaptation, either, though I certainly don't think it was terrible by any means. I was just trying to straighten the facts out. :)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Room. This movie is one of those unintentionally funny movies. It has possibly the worst acting ever. Fifty percent of the movie could have been cut without hurting the main plot. Characters just appear and disappear in the story. The list goes on and on. However, it's a movie everyone should see, at least once.

I've also seen Pocket Ninjas. This is just horrible to the point that you can't even find humor in it. It fully deserves the recognition it got as one of the worst movies ever made and in IMBD's list of worst movies. The less said about this one, the better.

oooooh

the owls are not what they seem
Registered
Reaction score
Weird Science.

Young Anthony Michael Hall is so cute. Also Kelly LeBrock, damn. Can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Oh and the best quote ever: "You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals."

:D

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Paul.

I'm getting tired of Seth Rogan doing all these potty-mouthed roles but in this one, he's pretty solid even though we hear just his voice. The film is a cheerful mix of a lot of different flicks and pokes fun at all the conventions--and AT conventions--with a lot of in-jokes, but it's got a few clever twists and it's worth it to see Sigourney Weaver get both punched and stomped (spoiler, sorry!) at the end. Worth watching.

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Saw Ted and Premium Rush yesterday. Ted pretty much was what I expected it to be, but Premium Rush surprised me. It had me engaged from beginning to end with a serviceable plot and a mostly interesting cast.

Caropelia

Registered
Reaction score
Last movie I watched was "Paris, Texas". Excellent movie! Everybody should be able to watch it at least once in a lifetime.

This movie treats such an intense and important subject with such subtlety that it is indeed remarkable. Which subject is that? Watch and find out, you won't regret.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Mrs. Miniver (again). A classic and very moving portrayal of an English family living through the early days of WWII. Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon are wonderful in the lead roles.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Dead Heat, with Treat Williams and Joe Piscoschmo. Funny riff on the zombie cop thing.

Also, Mrs. Miniver IS a classic, and if you like Walter Pidgeon, check out How Green Was My Valley and Man Hunt. Both are totally excellent!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eyes Wide Shut - Kubrick's scathing final masterpiece. Tom Cruise actually did a fabulous job--acting--who'd have thought? Obsession. Sex. Power. Marriage. Secret Societies...

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Reservoir Dogs. I can't believe I had never seen this movie before. Loved it and highly recommend it. The situation with this movie, having not seen it for so long, critically acclaimed, yadda yadda, is just like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Always heard it was great but when I finally saw it, it was better than the hype. That doesn't happen often.