Savor It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think I would come back over here. However, I have to confess, I found myself sitting around this weekend trying to decide how to kill people in my next book.

I think I may have a couple of good ones.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Within the first 3,000 words of my first novel (Hel-lo...agents???) I blew up a planet and a fleet of starships, not to mention the local, in system shuttles.

I must have blown ten million people right to smithereenes.

And from what I can tell...only two of them really deserved it.

And it was anti climactic.

No blood, you see. Just fast painless creamation.

And I did not pause to let the reader see what happened to the survivors, because that was not part of the story line...although I did give hints.

I've gotten a bit more graphic with this one. Hmmm

Chapter 1...I off three people, except on was offed by an alien before the book starts, so if you count the alien as a person, I off 4. Wrong place...wrong time...but they are individually crafted demises. Chapter 7 I off another perfectly innocent lady. Once again, this offing is hand crafted..and I let it age for 2 years. Chapter 8...another couple..but one guy was already dead befrore I doused him with chemicals and set him ablaze.

And you all know that I'm killing Greg Minus...savoring it at the moment, truth be told. MMMMMMMMMM....tasty... minus Minus, I guess

Then there is collateral damage, another couple of planets...is it an orgy yet, Haggis my dear?

Hmmm .....I put the captain of a battle cruiser in a shuttle, holed it and let it crush him like a bug when it decompressed,(SALSA!)

I pinholed another crew member..... stuffed a space ship full of decomposing bodies. hmmmmm??????

Oh...and then I killed grampa!!!

Not bad for a sci fi novel, huh?

I suppose I could put a killing orgy in the next one...

but I think I prefer hand crafted, well-seasoned deaths, don't you???

WELL...DON'T YOU?????

Hmmm..., That must mean it's a good time to purchase a nice 1,000 acre spread. :hooray:

Kerr
the dark one

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think I would come back over here. However, I have to confess, I found myself sitting around this weekend trying to decide how to kill people in my next book.

I think I may have a couple of good ones.

It seems that I have to kill 5 or 6 people in my current story too. And, I've got to be creative about it. You got any spare killing methods I might borrow?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
It seems that I have to kill 5 or 6 people in my current story too. And, I've got to be creative about it. You got any spare killing methods I might borrow?

You mean aside from the ones people decided to contribute to your cause?

Hmmm. Well..in the new one I've started, I decided to off someone using a Colt 45. Now that may seem bland, but the setting is 1,000 years in the future, on a space ship, and the gun is an antique. I figured folks would like the ironic shock value of that.

And I'm playing with another angle.....how long can a person survive by drinking their own blood? I mean eventually they'd die...but...

Anyway...that's what I'm playing with now.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm playing with another angle.....how long can a person survive by drinking their own blood? I mean eventually they'd die...but...

Anyway...that's what I'm playing with now.

Reminiscent of King's "Survivor Type," in which the MC self-cannibalizes in order to try to survive. I like it.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Reminiscent of King's "Survivor Type," in which the MC self-cannibalizes in order to try to survive. I like it.

Thank you.

On the other hand...if I take it to the edge of survivabliity and bring the guy back....I will have the seed of an incredible fiend...right at my fingertips.

Think of the ways he/she could kill......

As far as you go, though , Haggis:

What if you stuffed some of those gel caps with a powder that expands to 100 times its volume when wet. And you give it to the doomed character, after explaining to the character that the only way to counter act a 'poison' that character has taken is to eat a dozen of the gel caps with several glasses of water?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
That's why I love you, Jay. One might call that an expansive death.

The thing is, my MC is a crazed literary writer, trying to promote that genre. He must kill in a literary way. I'm just not sure how that can be done yet. Of course I suppose one of the victims could be beaten to death with a copy of "As I Lay Dying."

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Make his editor force him to eat every single page of every single book that he's ever had published...and the editor has collected all million of them?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Make his editor force him to eat every single page of every single book that he's ever had published...and the editor has collected all million of them?

Now, this has some possibilities. I'm liking it. Yes. :e2teeth:

HorrorWriter

It's a new dawn. It's a new day.
Registered
Reaction score
In your closet with the Boogeyman's corpse!
My kills depend on the story and the characters. Sometimes I take the time to build it up, or just do it. Others don't kill until it is absoultely contigent upon survival. Depends on my mood...:e2chain::e2fairy::e2shrug:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Death by jealous husband. It's passion gone awry.

Speaking of death, one my my mole traps did its job this weekend. I danced around the backyard with the little corpse, grunting in glee.

So, now combine them...jealous husband catches wife's lover in a giant infidelity trap - the jerk-off skewered by the tines of abject righteousness.

Shoulda used that 'un on Haggis...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
My kills depend on the story and the characters. Sometimes I take the time to build it up, or just do it. Others don't kill until it is absoultely contigent upon survival. Depends on my mood...:e2chain::e2fairy::e2shrug:

Ah. Like this, huh? :e2seesaw:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Depending on what I'm writing there is the accidental 'oops' factor death.
(character just managed to get in the way)

and the 'ick' factor deaths.

Oops: over in a paragraph, sometines a couple of sentences.

Ick: takes a lot of thought and sometimes a page or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.