Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I'm supposed to write a paragraph about "why fiction matters." Let's see what I can come up with.... (And the girl next to me is distracting, because she types with two fingers, which always throws me off. I'm so used to people who touch type.)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, Lisa. One of the performers in the circus is an animal tamer, so he's typically got one of his vicious beasts with him. One of them I tend to mention semi-frequently is a polar bear named Jer.

Why Fiction Matters: Because everyone in this thread writes it, that why. :D

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I am such a lame student. I have 5 subjects to finish by tomorrow, and I have to study for 3 tests. And, I haven't done any of it yet. I've been watching the Disney channel. I don't even like Disney channel.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
actually i dont believe it would be statutory rape. I believe the law is age of consent with 4 years is statutory rape.

Meaning if she is 15 a 16,17,18 year old guy would be fine for her to have sex with but depending on when his birthday if he is 19 then it can be called statutory rape.

For example Ally and Rob are 2 weeks short of being exactly 4 years apart from one another, so if they were to have had sex while she was 15 and he was 19 it would have been perfectly within the law.

It's 5 years in Illinois. Darn it. I need a different situation why he couldn't date her when she's not in a relationship with the 7 guys within the last 3 years (~2 years since he started liking her).

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry!

Rob is a law student, and i had to look it up before. I know more about the law the i ever intended now. I'm like halfway to being a lawyer myself with all the research i've done hehhehehehe

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well Karla, why can't the reason just be that she said no to him before? The query you sent me said she had her doubts because he's kind of known as a player, right? So logically she could have just been turning him down.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Ari - If she knows he likes her, it'll be awkward when she's still getting tattoos from him during those 2-3 years. And she probably wouldn't vent to him about her guy troubles (she always does while he's designing and drawing the tattoos on her), which is key in the fact that if she can trust him with the tattoos/her personal love life, she can probably trust him not to break her heart. Baby steps pretty much. And if she doesn't get tattoos from him, she can easily ask his sister (the real tattoo artist) who lives two hours away. It's worth it since she's passionate about getting these tattoos.

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm dropping in to say hey. It's one of those rare days where I'm free from school/work/house wife stuff.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they're different faiths? Maybe he has a friend who called dibs on her? Maybe he still thinks the age difference is too big? Maybe she told him she used the excuse that it would be statuatory rape on another guy to ditch him, but the tat guy doesn't realize it's an excuse and thinks it's illegal?

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I think it'll be fear that Max (Maira's older brother/Kieran's bff) won't approve of the relationship because she's his baby sister and he takes it upon himself to protect her from guys like Kieran (well who he used to be at least). And I guess Kieran struggles over which is worse - not being with Maira or losing his best friend - and he decides no girl is worth losing his bro. Until the story starts where he's just messing with her and he finds out she actually likes him (he only had hints but none of them were strong enough), in which case, he's hoping Max will understand he's a changed guy and won't hurt her.

ETA: Especially because Maira was the one who (unknowingly) changed him.

Last edited:

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I need to somehow finish all my homework and take a shower in the next hour. This is near impossible.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
*drags self away from the swirling vortex that is college*

I shouldn't be here. I have a bunch of homework that I have to do tonight because I'm not going to have time tomorrow. But I really wanted to stop in for a bit. :)

Hi.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm obsessively checking my phone and facebook. It's a sickness. But, I have my reasons for checking, at least.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Well i'm glad your loving it! Hope it stays awesome all year!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys :) Back from my swim banquet, which my mother said was a complete waste of time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.