Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. One of us has iridescent purple fingernails and, because it's going into the 70s today, toes, too. I doubt it'll please Trevor or Russ, but every time I see 'em I like it.

Glad the storms decided not to mess with you, Komnena.

My no-occasion funk continues unabated. It lifted for a while yesterday when I went walking, so maybe I'll repeat that. Even though these two guys hit on me in a way that was uncomfortable. I changed my route through this large park so I'd be near other people, since they may have followed me for a little way, and when I got to the edge of the park, I hauled ass and wished I were still fit enough to run for a short distance.

Meh, it was probably nothing. But I hesitated to tell Mr. Maryn, because that's my favorite route to walk and I don't want anybody suggesting I should no longer enjoy my favorite.

Trevor, PM received, BTW. I'm mulling things over.

Maryn, expert muller

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that. The place I used to work was near a park but that happened to me more than once and Hubby asked me not to walk there anymore and a man I worked with concurred. I agreed, but I felt trapped at work with no where to go at lunch.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went walking, including the park, and nothing happened at all. The only scary guy was alone, scowling as he went from car to covered shelter, where he got out some of those elastic work-out bands and pushed himself hard. I'm thinking the scowl was part of working himself into the mindset.

So, I've done 20 miles this week. Am I thin and fit yet?

Maryn, almost

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
somebody just asked me how to spell banana- I told him I can't, that i put too many n's, so I spell checked it. H ow pathetic.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can spell banana. It's bandanna that messes me up.

Maryn, who took herself out for coffee

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate that we have to worry about that simply because we're women. I walk at a big park after work, but luckily, it's busy enough and open enough where I feel fairly safe most of the time alone. But still, it's always in the back of my mind, just in case. Too many stories about women getting attacked at parks and forest preserves.

It makes me hope that the men that attack women, are reincarnated as women, who get attacked themselves, but still remember their lives as predators. That way, they'll finally know what they were like. Harsh, but that's how I feel about predators. Eye for an eye, in another life, hopefully.

Yep but they ducked out. Sends Beatrix a huge piece of pizza/

Awe, thanks!

peydob

Banned
Reaction score

[FONT=&quot]Hello below! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope you are all healthy and well.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think I hear you saying What the deuce is it now? Guys, the weekend is about and I want to revisit my mistress of last week. I got a word from her the other day. Would it be a tactically canny maneuver to revisit her.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I must admit I got all excited just by hearing her voice on the phone. Presently just thinking of her gets my libido stuck in overdrive.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any word of advice?[/FONT]

P.S

Maryn, nice mustaches you got
:)

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
:Clap: I'm with you 100% on that, Sassy.

Some folks, though, just haven't matured enough to think with their other head—the one on their shoulders.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Such a great hot tub! Russ, I was tempted to start a chapter in my WIP with the guy thinking, if it's true, as the ladies say, we carry our brains between our legs, my brain is happy today.
M, it's a crummy world with this physical strength disparity between genders. SF/F is all about what if this one thing were different. And my playpen is imagining what if that were the one thing.
NOW: question for an active board. A new movie, Hysteria, is about to be released in the US, evidently has been elsewhere. Its about the invention of the vibrator in Victorian London. The question I posted on the Erotica board (but below the line, where nobody reads) and here is this: has Hollywood discovered steampunk? If you have ladies in long dresses having whooping orgasms, are the working definitions of steampunk fulfilled?
Trevor, from a rainy coast where iridescent purple nails are welcome brightness

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Such a great hot tub! Russ, I was tempted to start a chapter in my WIP with the guy thinking, if it's true, as the ladies say, we carry our brains between our legs, my brain is happy today.
And what would you name your character, peydob?

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Morning. One of us has iridescent purple fingernails and, because it's going into the 70s today, toes, too. I doubt it'll please Trevor or Russ, but every time I see 'em I like it.
Ha! I missed this.

I can't speak for Trevor, but you've misjudged me. Ask Pandora. I'm a purple freak, and no, I don't mean like Barney. Iridescent? Even better. :yessmiley

Good morning, all! Enjoy the hot tub, I've got plenty of clean, soft towels.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, that's what I need, a nice soak while I watch the sun climb, then a towel boy who's prompt if he knows what's good for him. Although a certain kind of towel boy is on occasion deliberately inattentive, knowing what it will get him.

Trevor, are you familiar with the literary novel "The Crimson Petal and the White"? It's about a Victorian perfume manufacturer and his affair with a prostitute. I'm not a big fan of literary (or, apparently, of deep thought) but among the subplots was the fact that the guy's wife, who'd had kids and everything, did not know about periods or orgasms. Had no idea, worried at the blood and the increasing tension and regularly visited her physician for treatment--and he didn't tell her, either.

I had a really bad night, so keep an eye out for the bee-atch on wheels later today. So far, I'm afloat in coffee and feeling normal, but that won't last.

Maryn, who should probably garden this afternoon, since the weeds have arrived

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
so even though I've worked here almost 3 years, I got lost on the way to work today. I felt so stupid, and scared. The radio said there was an accident at my freeway exit so I tried to take city streets and missed a turn and ended up lost. I called campus police though and he told me where to turn - I was pretty close already, and I wasn't even really late or anything.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I just noticed I have less than half the number of posts you do. When did you join? I joined in 2004 but I don't remember now what month. That Feb 05 date is when we switched to new boards.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Remember, I don't work full-time. So while you might check in four or five times a week, I'm around a dozen or more times.

Maryn, who has no life (kidding)

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
A life? What's that? Oh, I remember now. That's where you have to sort through an endless number of computer cords as punishment for your sins.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I just noticed I have less than half the number of posts you do. When did you join? I joined in 2004 but I don't remember now what month. That Feb 05 date is when we switched to new boards.
That got me to thinking. Maryn's post count is, at this moment, 22,289. Let's say that's, quite conservatively, an average of 20 words per post. That equates to 445,780 words posted within these forums. Really, anything over 40,000 or 50,000 words can be considered novel length, but let's also just say 100,000 words for the sake of argument. Enough said. :e2BIC:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
meh. it's not the same as writing a piece of fiction.

So my dog Leela caught and killed an adolescent opossom this morning. I know she's just being a dog, and she's keeping pests out of our yard, but I felt so bad for it. When I realized it the animal was still alive but by the time I could do anything, she'd killed it.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
:)Oh, don't I know it, Sassy! If I could put all the things I blather on about into my novel, I'd have been done long ago.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I struggle over my fiction. What I post here is pretty much just conversation. I do sometimes put a lot of thought into it, but it's not the same.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've also written a few novels in that span, I must note.

Not that I've sold one, but still...

Okay, I'm in before it got too steamy. We decided to save ourselves some bucks this year and lay our own mulch, which means unless you're a dope you weed first. So I've just weeded the front for a couple of hours, and now I'm stiff and my hands are sore, but it looks pretty good for bare dirt and what's left of last year's mulch. It wasn't as bad as weeding in hard clay soil usually is, because it poured last night, along with lots of thunder and lightning. Cool, if not restful.

The age-old question cropped up, though. Why can't I get grass to grow in the lawn 12 inches away when it can't be stopped in the garden? I've reseeded a bazillion times and we always have these bare spots.

Maryn, whiner

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! A wonderful critique from Maryn inspired me to update my signature quote. Tom Hanks' character is talking about baseball, but what he says is just as apt for writing.
Now, speaking of the movies, the release date info I posted over on the erotica board about the new comedy Hysteria indicates that it will be released in Thailand even later than in the U.S. Pandora, no vibrator flicks for you for a while yet.;)
Trevor, whose gardening has shrunk to a 3' window box.

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: Trevor, I'll be sure to relay that information to Pandora, as she'd be quite unlikely to read that thread or forum, and even less likely to watch Hysteria or its like. But she'd sure get a laugh at your comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.