Act now to get your Trayvon Martin shooting range target

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
A Florida entrepreneur said he had sold out of gun range targets depicting a faceless, hood-clad figure holding an iced tea and a bag of Skittles meant to look like Trayvon Martin

"The response is overwhelming," the seller told Orlando's WKMG news team over e-mail. "I sold out in two days." The station did not identify the seller, and said it found the ad on a popular firearms auctioning website.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/trayvon-martin-gun-targets_n_1510080.html

People are idiots.

Rufus Coppertop

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a superlative that encapsulates the concepts of greasiness, cheaply opportunistic vileness and worthless, putrid, shallow bottom-feedery all neatly wrapped up in one word?

I can't and it's annoying the hell out of me. If there is such a word, it needs to be written on the big, fat, semi-thawed fish that this "entrepeneur's" face needs to be slapped with.

Yorkist

Banned
Reaction score
Putrid shallow bottom-feedery... nice. Douche-cannon? I mean, that's my word. Misogynistic mouth-breathing douche-cannon is my phrase.

That doesn't quite suffice, though... Shall we build on that a bit?

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, if you're willing to sell your soul, you can make a lot of money off of white supremacists. They have poor taste, no scruples, are easily satisfied, and quickly part with their money.

Idiots.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
A defenseless black teenager must be less scary for them than say, a deer standing yards away.

As always, the comments section is where the real fun is.

Last edited:

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
1) The people buying these targets (for sincere, not ironic, use) are scumbag bigots. Despicable. Disgusting.

2) The guy selling them is a tasteless but very savvy businessman.

3) I can't agree with Zimmerman's attorney that the target-maker should be criminally charged. How is profiting off people's bigotry a crime? At the very least, the accusation of hatemongering is countered by the target maker's right to free speech. These items are clearly intended for private use. They aren't being used to organize or motivate groups of people to do violence.

The bigots were already out there saying and doing terrible things long before the Trayvon Martin tragedy.

I dunno, it seems kinda weird that we're focusing on how terrible the target-maker is when he says in the article that he's just trying to profit off the controversy. Why not focus on the armed and deluded crazies buying the targets?

Also, sorry if I missed something, but where did the "misogyny" remark come from? (Yorkist, post #6.) As far as I can tell this has been focused clearly on racism.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
1) The people buying these targets (for sincere, not ironic, use) are scumbag bigots. Despicable. Disgusting.

2) The guy selling them is a tasteless but very savvy businessman.

3) I can't agree with Zimmerman's attorney that the target-maker should be criminally charged. How is profiting off people's bigotry a crime? At the very least, the accusation of hatemongering is countered by the target maker's right to free speech. These items are clearly intended for private use. They aren't being used to organize or motivate groups of people to do violence.

The bigots were already out there saying and doing terrible things long before the Trayvon Martin tragedy.

I dunno, it seems kinda weird that we're focusing on how terrible the target-maker is when he says in the article that he's just trying to profit off the controversy. Why not focus on the armed and deluded crazies buying the targets?

Also, sorry if I missed something, but where did the "misogyny" remark come from? (Yorkist, post #6.) As far as I can tell this has been focused clearly on racism.

I don't see that making a profit justifies exploiting the suffering of Trayvon Martin's parents and friends when they see targets with his picture on them.

It's probably legal, but that in no way makes it moral.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the bozos who bought them get the disgusted stare from the good people at the shooting range.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
The very idea that people would buy something like this and actually shoot at it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Sick fuckers.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score

I agree with you. I think the attorney was concerned about how it would hurt his client. Because let's face it, it makes Zimmerman's side look like shit. But if you could charge him with a crime for that, you'd have to charge every news source who reported on the case as well.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Some days I just want to bury my head under my pillows and weep.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Shame Kelly C. had to leave. She would've love to buy some and use them as christmas ornaments.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Idiot is a much kinder word than one I would use.

/bitter

Me too.

Can anyone think of a superlative that encapsulates the concepts of greasiness, cheaply opportunistic vileness and worthless, putrid, shallow bottom-feedery all neatly wrapped up in one word?

I can't and it's annoying the hell out of me. If there is such a word, it needs to be written on the big, fat, semi-thawed fish that this "entrepeneur's" face needs to be slapped with.

This. 100X.

I absolutely love this word. I think I'm going to start saying it, make it popular on this side of the sea.

I can't even imagine reading the comments. I won't click the link. It's too twisted.

Revolting.

I can't either. I know enough from reading the OP.

I think it's immoral and disgusting for the business owner to sell such things, but he IS just making profit off of something that some of these sick f-ers would probably create themselves if they had a shred of creativity in them.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Another insult to Trayvon's grieving parents. Those involved -- the designer of the target, those who use it -- they should try to think of Trayvon's parents and how this must hurt them. They will hear about it somehow and have to try to rid their minds of this hateful image.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Another insult to Trayvon's grieving parents. Those involved -- the designer of the target, those who use it -- they should try to think of Trayvon's parents and how this must hurt them. They will hear about it somehow and have to try to rid their minds of this hateful image.

Well, exactly. Regardless of what kind of person Trayvon was, we know, for a fact, that he was a 17 year old kid with parents who loved him very much and are grieving. That much can't really be disputed, by anyone.