• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Turner Publishing

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Turner Publishing is out of Nashville. Nothing I could find here or P&E.

But I found an ad from them on Nashville Craigslist. Not a good sign but when I checked out the site I sent them my query and heard back from them immedietly asking for synopsis and samples.

Anybody have any info?

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
They are publishing a coffee table book for a military group that I belong to. However, this project has been on-going for over three years. I paid for a copy of the book three years ago, and recently wrote them, asking when the book was going to be published. They did answer immediately, and said the book would be published before June. I don't know if this helps at all, but they seem honest. The delay could be on the part of the ones putting the book together (the military group), not Turner Publishing.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I researched this company, they do a lot of military, police, firefighters calendars, history, memoir, and they have a couple of sales on Publishers Marketplace. Their books are in brick and they've been in biz since 84' I believe. Looks to be a nice company... with 6 imprints, I believe.

Last edited:

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything bad about them. Does your work fit into their (very focused) list?

Often, these publishers who produce books of extremely local interest don't pay very well (understandably--their market is pretty limited) but if that's not your concern, why not go for it?

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I looked thorugh their books as well and really wondered why they want to see my proposal. It is about the women on death row???

Ill send it, though!

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I looked thorugh their books as well and really wondered why they want to see my proposal. It is about the women on death row

I suppose it might fit in with the law-enforcement books they publish.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to their children's book line over the summer after seeing some of their books in a museum bookshop. Didn't hear back from them, but I can attest that their books are good quality and found in IRL stores.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried more recently? Now they say you can submit the whole manuscript up front.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them April 6th, and haven't gotten a response yet. It's still kind of early, maybe I'll still get one.

MNLynx

I think, therefore I am... I think.
Registered
Reaction score
Jewish Lights Publishing

Anybody know anything about the reputation of this entity?

MNLynx

I think, therefore I am... I think.
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. They published a pretty nice book on embroidery projects for Jewish occasions and might be a place to send a proposal for an ethnic embroidery book I'm working on. Know anything about them?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Jewish Lights (and sister imprint, SkyLight Paths) is part of Turner Publishing. Merging.

Benedetto Youssef

Registered
Reaction score
Hey has anyone here published anything with Turner? I submitted about a month ago and am wondering if any folks here have ever gotten a response, good or bad.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have recent info on this company? I can't seem to find a response time for them.

Last edited:

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
The website is nice-looking and they say they have five thousand titles. Which I believe and is a lot, though I didn't look at sales for any. They do get into Brick and Mortar stores. The covers are nice.

Under SFF there are not many titles, but perhaps they've just started looking at SFF more recently. Their fiction imprint is Iroquois Press, and I can't find much about that online.

They're slipping into my no pile the more I dig, but they look reasonable, good even, established and so on, just not a best fit for me.

I dunno. maybe. I'm bumping the thread because the submissions page says where to submit but has no information about what to include in the submission, unless I've missed it. I'll ask them directly.

https://www.turnerpublishing.com/submissions

Last edited: