I can't decide which is the best GGD album out of these two.

The best album out of these two is...

• Gutterflower

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Of course, there are many others well worth listening to, but these are my two favourite - and I still can't decide which is the ultimate winner.

Dizzy Up the Girl has Iris - the best song ever written by anyone, ever, bar none. And Name. Slide is also marvellous.

BUT - Gutterflower has Big Machine, Here is Gone, Sympathy, It's Over...does the consistency of Gutterflower override the three splendid tunes on DUtG?

Discuss.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid I only have Dizzy Up The Girl so, by default, my vote goes to that one.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Dizzy Up the Girl has Iris - the best song ever written by anyone, ever, bar none. And Name. Slide is also marvellous.

"Name" is actually on A Boy Named Goo, IIRC.

I can't believe I knew that. Actually had that album on cassette. It was "Name" and a bunch of punk rock tunes. I remember the argument here in the States about GGD was that they sold out with "Name." I remember an MTV special that showed their fans burning their first few CDs after "Name" became a hit.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
"Name" is actually on A Boy Named Goo, IIRC.

I can't believe I knew that. Actually had that album on cassette. It was "Name" and a bunch of punk rock tunes. I remember the argument here in the States about GGD was that they sold out with "Name." I remember an MTV special that showed their fans burning their first few CDs after "Name" became a hit.

I believe you are correct, sir. I vote for Dizzy.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
They certainly aren't an alternative rock band. They are as pop as they come.

I sort of chuckled about that myself. In no parallel universe is that band alternative rock.

I do like two or three of their songs, though. I confess! String me up before I do any more sinnin'.

Mud Dauber

writing on the wall
Registered
Reaction score
And appears as a bonus track on DUtG.
Not in the U.S.

I'm going with Dizzy. Slide is the song that made me a fan.

IMO, Gutterflower is a very dark and depressing album--one of those where you have to be in the right mood to hear it, although it does have Big Machine which is one of my faves.

Now if we're talking their whole discography, then A Boy Named Goo prevails.:Thumbs:

wood pixie

Registered
Reaction score
Actually my favorite is the Let Love In album. I LOVE "Better Days".

Dizzy was my favorite until Let Love In. So, I voted for it.

I also love Slide and Iris.

I saw them (and met them) in April. They played Iris, it is amazing live.