Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm halfway through yours Kat!

My first book was around 100K, its only grown to 117 ish now. But my longest is like 185K.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
185K??? *stares*

Chapter Four is outlined! I have no idea why I'm speeding through this...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
This draft of Weeping will probably come out around the 90k I want it to, which is delightful to know.

Never complain about speeding through!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I can barely get names for my houses, and you're done outlining four chapters.

*stares*

I've had a fun day :/

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah 185K this one now the Holiday Hacker i'm trying to make sure its not as long but it looks like i'm going to fail in that endevor.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Two in one day...

The first two took ages, This is because of a combination of it being a side project at the moment, and me being stuck.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Argh! So annoyed.My friend got her Alevel results today and had applied for Exeter Uni, but even though in her opinion she got amazing results, they didn't accept her. >_< that's cruel!

And yay Ally, what do you think? Or is it too soon? :/

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Your stuff just sounds like so much fun, Zoom.

I need to get Dru from anti-war to still anti-war, but invested enough to accept an offered place in Selection.

Selection = the brutally difficult training process that turns regular CAA Marines into CAA Space Special Service troopers. They're based off the Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Special Air Service, Chinese Special forces, and so on.

Usually, soldiers are plucked after distinguished careers in the regular service...and usually, those careers are longer than a year. But, hey, most soldiers don't go through what Dru does in a year.

And I figure it won't seem too weird as she still has to pass Selection, and IN REAL LIFE, such things usually cull out 70-80% of the applicants.

But what tempts Dru into the S3?

A chance to end the war.

Basically, we've got the worst case fight here: Two nations locked in a TOTAL WAR scenario, where the only acceptable outcome for one side is the utter annihilation of the other...and both sides have weapons of mass destruction.

In the Loonie's case, it's a railgun mounted along the lip of a crater. Originally used for mass transport and the dropping of mined H-3 onto the Earth with minimal cost, it's now - in effect - a massive gun aimed at an already battered planet.

Before the invasion of the Moon can happen, it has to go down.

That's where the S3 comes in. They get dropped in using a very dangerous method of insertion called "Camo-crashing", wherein you mask an actual landing with what appears to be an abortive invasion attempt, using decoys and cloned tissue samples to make it look legitimate.

Once landed, the S3 team has to infiltrate a 1 mile long, heavily fortified, closely protected railgun, blow up the power generators, mess up the central rail, then disperse and cause as much damage as possible while the actual invasion goes off.

Then, with the war over, Dru can go on to become a space garbage man!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
How long is it at the moment?

~165K.... and i havent gotten to St. Patricks Day or Easter yet, or the end... so its going to still grow rapidly

ETA: Kat- Well i'm already half done, so its clearly keeping my attention which is the biggest thing with a book... but i'll send you an email with all my thoughts about it! By 4:15 you should get an email with what i think so far!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Some intense fighting going on in my story.

“You guys thirsty?” My dad went into the kitchen and then paused. Oh crap, no one had cleaned up after mom's fiasco when I came back on Saturday. “What's all this?” I heard him call.
“Oh, that, don't worry, dad. I'll help-”
He came out of the kitchen, holding up one half of a china plate that had some weird gold insignia engraved on it. “This was my mothers.” he said in a dazed tone, showing it to my mom. “You did this? All because I slept with your best friend? You felt the need-” his voice was rising. “to break one of the only things left of my mothers because you're a jealous whore that doesn't get her own way?” I gasped. Darren gasped. Mom...cried?
“Please, Derek. Not now. Not in front of the kids. Please.” begged mom from her bed.
His usually smooth face turned ugly with rage. “Not now? Oh we'll do this now, Karen, yes we will. And what kids? I don't see any kids. I see two young adults, one of which has been seriously misled in our parenting and deserves to know the truth!” His fists clenched holding the piece of plate and I watched as his face turned beet red.
“Mom! Dad! Stop it!” I cried. “Can't you two just, I dunno, get counselling, like other parents who screw up do?” It wasn't meant for an answer. I just wanted to calm them down. I didn't want a fight now. I wanted hugs and kisses and all-round comfort and to know that I wasn't alone. Why this now?

What do you guys think? Intense, huh? :p

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, sort of. It's better than what I would do, I'd say. Haha.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good. I have nothing to pitch at the moment except 800 words of a story idea I came up with a few days ago.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
142 words!

[FONT=&quot]Drusilla Xao – a born Spacer – lives 1.5 million miles above the surface of the Earth and dreams of one day setting foot on Earth, of one day meeting her long distance lover Sarah in person, of one day living without fear. Those dreams are shattered when Lunar colonists seeking independence from Earth fly a shuttle into the Space Elevator, shattering it into tons of debris which choke the Earth’s orbit with debris, preventing travel between space and the ground. The government of the Earth has but a single recourse to such an act: Total War. They draft everyone they can in space, throwing Dru and her friends into a deadly war for survival in the cold blackness of space. The only thing that keeps Dru going is her continual correspondence with Sarah and her dream of one day setting foot on Earth.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.