• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

seeking beta/CP: NA fantasy 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsiamon

Registered
Reaction score
Winter is good editing weather. I'm looking for an MS swap: I'm happy to look at anything from MG to Adult, contemp, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, maybe others, of any length. I'm a pretty flexible and thorough reader and I work quickly so if you're interested in a swap, let me know. Let's help each other out.

Here's the pitch for my MS:

NA Fantasy/horror, 50k

Little Green is a Gardener – an incorporeal creature created by the Great One for the sole purpose of tending the garden of life. Little Green has the unhappy task of killing weeds – humans with a psychic disease that will, if left to grow, infect and destroy the entire human race. It has been slipping into human brains, stopping hearts, and slipping out again for as long as it can remember; killing a few so that the rest may thrive.

Then a freak accident during a routine extermination leaves Little Green trapped in the brain of graduate-student Nathaniel as he proposes marriage to his girlfriend Rebecca, the very weed Little Green is supposed to destroy.

Now Little Green and Nathaniel are trapped together and fighting for control of Nathaniel's body. Nathaniel is willing to die before he lets any harm come to the woman he loves. But Little Green has a duty, and if Rebecca doesn't die soon, her disease will manifest and everyone she touches will succumb to a gibbering madness that will dismantle civilization.

Besides, if Little Green fails to do the task for which it was created, then it has no purpose.

And the Great One destroys things that have no purpose.
-----------

Thanks --

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
I'm too busy with school right now to beta anything, but I wanted to stop in and say that sounds like a very interesting premise. I'd read the hell out of it, but schoolwork refuses to let me. Best of luck with it.

atypicalobservator

Registered
Reaction score
Website
swriteswords.tumblr.com
If you're interested, I'd be happy to be a CP for you; your story sounds very intriguing. Would you be willing to critique a 77k NA fiction novel? Please drop me a PM if you're interested in discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.