Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I see that all the time, NF. That's part of my rant. What's the deal with no common courtesy? No manners??? :rant:

I used to like people before I worked in retail. Now, not so much. And yes, I know that all of you are people, but you're all cool. :D But dealing with rude people all day makes you want to put your head through the wall and all you can do is smile . Well, that's what you're suppose to do, I pretty much just call the manager. I don't get paid enough to have people cussing at me before they've even stated what their problem is. Even something as simple as a malfunctioned product can be easily exchanged or refunded without all the cussing. I didn't make that product. Sheesh. Sh*t happens.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I never could deal with customers yelling and swearing. The most I could manage was, "I can get my manager if you'd like?"

Usually at that point they'd leave... But it was bloody hard thinking straight with all the noise.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, house of past puns, which I missed.

Happy Friday! :)

Susie, you were right. The toaster story didn't really happen. I put it in there to make you smile. :D

Sallysmile_zpsa764df8c.jpg

Well... I try. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Retail is definitely hard, but I liked it. Is that weird? That's probably weird.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never worked retail or at a restaurant, and never really wanted to.

Let's see, I've worked on farms (hard, hot, and dangerous), a boot factory (boring), a welding and machine shop (very hot), construction (hard, cold, and extremely dangerous), land surveying, and mostly in architecture and engineering.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I've done retail, manufacturing, restaurant, and finally county government and worse (federal).

Working in the county appraiser's office was probably the lowest point in my 'career'. It's the only time I've actually had someone stand in the front of the office and call down curses on the entire office plus our families...

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to work in a grocerue store and it pretty much coincided with the time when I became a sociopath.

ROAR :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Working in the county appraiser's office was probably the lowest point in my 'career'. It's the only time I've actually had someone stand in the front of the office and call down curses on the entire office plus our families...

Having had to deal with local governments many times in my life (both professionally and personally), I can kind of see why someone would (even though they shouldn't). Local government agencies and employees may be the closest thing we have to the French.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I used to work in a grocerue store and it pretty much coincided with the time when I became a sociopath.

ROAR :D

And such a charming sociopath!

I've worked in protective services for older adults. That had to be the hardest, suckiest job that robbed me of my belief that people were good and decent at the core.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've worked in protective services for older adults. That had to be the hardest, suckiest job that robbed me of my belief that people were good and decent at the core.

See, that's where being cynical helps. I believe we're all insane (hey, fish and moles probably think they're smart too), so few things actually surprise me.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I bring greetings from the land of People Should Know Better. I often visit this land, about four times a week.

On the cat front: I already had the medicine (supplement) that is supposed to help with her herpes so there was no stress on my part. I'm sure my cat didn't enjoy having a syringe (not the needle kind) in her mouth, but it is for her own good.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bet your cat believes that all hoomins are good and decent, Syd.

MEOW :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know!

I wouldn't trust a kee kat either!

*capers*

Status
Not open for further replies.