Elder Scrolls V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, technically, I have two classes, one is an hour and fifty, the other is four hours, and I posted halfway through the first class.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be going anywhere for awhile.

I have no time for my current games right now, let alone adding a monster like Skyrim on top of that.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of Steam?

Steam is Voldemort, Sauron, Doctor Crippen and George Osborne in a software manifestation.

Anyway, big chunky Amazon package just arrived. See you all in spring, if my underspecced PC can run this baby.

edit: turns out it runs from flaming Steam anyway. And it takes 12 whole minutes to install. Can't stand the suspense.

Last edited:

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Steam is great. When it works and isn't interfering with all your settings....
I must avoid Skyrim. I have far too much to do and I haven't even finished the last game I bought yet.
Must...stay away...from the shiny dragons.....

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Right, who's up for some spoilers? Have to say, the dubstep/hip-hop/grindcore soundtrack was a surprise.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Right, who's up for some spoilers? Have to say, the dubstep/hip-hop/grindcore soundtrack was a surprise.

Yeah, Tinie Tempah for the main theme was an odd choice, I think; especially as it's turning out to be quite closely based on the life of Hollywood funnyman Rob Schneider.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
I'm contemplating on getting this. I'm not so sure my laptop would run it well, but it meets the minimum req's. I've been trying to stay away, but last night I watched a review and was blown away.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two hours of downloading and Steam is now telling me it's at 58%......have I simply picked a peak time to activate my Amazon delivered disc?

Patience, Bufty, patience.....

I see the clever ones downloaded early and then only waited to be 'activated' on the due date.

Next time....

70%.....78%....(3 hours) 82%....

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I only have three quibbles, thus far:

1. No classes? *Cries*

2. I don't care much for the inventory, skills, etc. layout. Yeah, it looks cool, but it feels less functional (to me, at least).

3. It takes too many clicks to save.

Otherwise, woah, it's awesome!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Dear lord, I just cleared out a cave of giant spiders, and damn nearly wet myself with fear. And I'm not even arachnophobic.

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
giant spiders scared me too
what saddens me: 1) no athletics, acrobatics, or mysticism skills. because i only recently learned to appreciate them. 2) no hand-to-hand skill. because punching trolls' eyes out was really satisfying, in oblivion, and i actually thought with the dark brotherhood, we'd find ninja or karate chop perks, maybe even high kicks, pressure points, something!

what makes me happy: 1) craft skills besides enchanting and alchemy. takes me back to UO, circa 2000. 2) skill perk trees: will come in handy. 3) better third person pov, reminds me of dead space. 4) brawling dialogue option. i've already made some money brawling. i'm playing a female dunmer and intend to best the best brawlers the nords have to offer.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Ummmm, lovin' me some Skyrim. I love the lack of classes and the fact they took out weap durability!
The whole degradation thing in Oblivion was nuts. Once I was at level 30 with top skill in Armorer and Light Armor, I still had to repair my Amber Armor after pretty much every fight. It just got so repetitive.

But I just now picked up my advanced paid copy of Skyrim and you are all two days ahead. Must get to work...

D.M.Drake

Working hard, loving every second!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kourageouskidsstorybooks.com
The whole degradation thing in Oblivion was nuts. Once I was at level 30 with top skill in Armorer and Light Armor, I still had to repair my Amber Armor after pretty much every fight. It just got so repetitive.

It drove me crazy! I am glad they did away with it. They did add some other really cool things dealing with weaps and armor, but I wont spoil it. lol. Lets just say, make sure you collect pelts.

Status
Not open for further replies.