Merri Hiatt

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
So shocked and saddened by news of her passing. I knew she'd been ill, but assumed she'd bounce back as she had before and continue on with her wonderful positive attitude. Condolences to her family and friends.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
:(

For the last couple of days, I've seen Merri's name as I scanned the board, and assumed this was the library thread. When I actually stopped and saw that it was the history sub-forum, I was perplexed, and now, I'm shocked and devastated. She was far, far too young for this.

Such a wonderfully kind and generous, encouraging, welcoming, giving person. This is a huge loss for the community here, and my deepest condolences go out to her family.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
RIP :(. Condolences to Merri's friends and family.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe this...

I haven't been around AW in a month, at least, and the very first place I went when I decided to check in this weekend was Merri's thread on the SP forum.

Feel like I've been kicked in the gut now. She was far too young to go.

Oh, Merri. I don't even have words. Your light will stay burning.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Rest in peace, Merri.

And my deepest condolences to her family and friends.

WaveHopper

Registered
Reaction score
Terribly sorry to hear this, I always looked out for her posts. A wonderful contributor to this site.
Condolences to her family.

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
Like many, I only knew Merri through her posts. But it's surprising how much you can come to like and respect someone through such things. She will be missed.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Like our late beloved CactusWendy, Merri has been one of permanent fixtures of the AW forums ever since I can remember. (EDIT: While writing this post, I found her profile and discovered she's only been here since November 2008, which shows how much her presence has been felt here.) I didn't know much about her personally, but she was always so sweet and helpful to everyone as well as knowledgeable. Rest in peace, Merri.

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
I've been inactive on AW of late but happened by to browse a bit because I'm stuck on my project. Like others, I thought this was surely her library thread (given her amazing prolificness), and only clicked when I saw it was in History instead.

Rest in peace, Merri. Thank you for all your contributions to this community. I will miss your presence, honesty, and cool head a great deal.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
I pop by the cooler to see this? Wow. So bummed, I can't even do what I came here to do; can't remember what it was, actually.
RIP, Merri. :(
This really hurt my heart.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
I'm deeply saddened she's gone, but honored to have shared some wonderful, wonderful silly giggles with her here on AW.

She bounced back from adversity into triumph and her success with her many books is an example we should all follow. Here's just a bit of her legacy. Treasure it and her awesome smile.

icon9.gif

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I have several cheeky rep points from Merri in my stream.

I am so very fond of her, and miss her terribly.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
So sorry to hear this news

Merri's posts were so honest and helpful, as were her replies. Her passing is a great loss, even to this occasional visitor.
John

M. H. Lee

Registered
Reaction score
I somehow missed seeing this news when it happened. I know it's late to add my thoughts, but so sad to hear this. She was a truly supportive and positive presence in the self-pub forum and I'll definitely miss her.