JuneNoWriMo

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 3184/5000 words.
Complete short story: no progress

On the road most of the day so I only got a few scribbles done this morning.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
"Whoops" continued:

Yesterday I finished not two but FOUR books. In one day. And I read one today. So I'm at 13. and it's not even noon.

I am on fire. :tongue

~Amber~

lol Amber that's awesome. and I thought reading 2 books in one week was good. I'm a slow reader, but I read a lot.

I've been away from the boards for a while!!!! I was on vacation in Disney last week and it was AMAZING. But now I'm back at home, and I was able to get in 600 words before work the other day and 500 tonight! I'm 100 away from 9,000 so I'm going to get up to 9,000 tonight! YAY!

Still deciding whether my current fairytale retelling is middle grade or YA. so.annoying.

My hope is to have this final draft completed for August (hopeful, anyway). And start the editing process in the fall. Here's hoping!

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still in. I took a short break for most of this week because my body and brain were fried. I added 2k to a short story that shoved itself to the front of my brain and 1k to a novel I outlined during jury duty. I should finish a novella on the last day, but I'm not writing that in stone.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 3536/5000 words.

Happy to be back in my own chair, in the comfort of my own home. :)

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 3752/5000 words.

I'm hoping to get a little more writing done this evening, but the afternoon will be largely shot since the hubs and I are going to pick cherries today. I think the short story is a lost cause for the month, but I'm finally within hailing distance of my WIP goal.

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
UPDATE!
Write six blog posts (5/6)
Complete eight short story first drafts (2/8)

Well, we know I'm good at blogging that's for sure. Maybe I can finish another short story before the month is out. Maybe!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Finished book 14. :) One more book and a certain amount of writing to do and I can actually say I finished all of my goals for this month!

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I spent most of yesterday spring cleaning my bedroom. Well, most of my bedroom - I didn't quite get it done. So, I have today and tomorrow left on this month, and I imagine I should be able to finish the spring cleaning in that time.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 4523/5000 words.

I have an audition tomorrow, but that aside, I should have enough writing time to meet at least my first goal. I think the short story will have to be shelved until I figure out what to do with it.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 5039/5000 words.
Complete short story: no progress/trunked for now

So - squeaked over the line and made my paltry 5k goal for the month, but gave up on the short story. Maybe one day I'll sort out how it should end.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
4,477 added to a short story and that finished it. I said screw it and decided to be lazy instead of attempting to finish my novella too. I did add 1k to the novella after midnight. There are only six empty days on my calendar so that is an improvement over last year where I think I only had half of it filled out with working days. My goal for this month will be to bump words up to 30k and add more editing days.