Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the email Tally. I've read the prologue. Oooh murders... me likey!

And Arianna.. Yeah the bit I posted on YAWN is from half way into my story. So it probably is confusing, but I made sure I posted a scene that wasn't out of context... if that makes sense. My mind is a blur. Ally's read it, I'm sure she could explain better than myself. haha

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Excuse my language, but oh shit. The photographer from the newspaper is coming to my house tomorrow to take pictures of me for the news article. She just called. Oh shit.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I know! But I know there are some twiftie's who don't like cursing, and I can never remember which they are- so I try not to curse. :D

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
It's the other way around for me (kind of). If I'm with my friends or my brother or my brothers friends, I'll swear like a sailor. But I don't swear around my parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins. Online, I swear kind of a lot. But only when I'm talking to certain people.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it sorta depends on who I'm with as well. I don't swear around my grandparents.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been saying eff in front of my parents, and my mom totally told me to not say it last night. I'm not even cursing! Eff isn't a curse word.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Mine do. I don't sware (except in my writing but that's just because the protag likes to swear) but if I did, my parents would freak out if they heard me swear.

Sorry if I offended you guys with the comic strip. I found it funny, I didn't realize that you wouldn't...

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
The only swear I've said is either shit or bitch. Once. In my whole life.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
My parents are pretty easygoing.

I go through phases. Actually, online, it depends on who's around. When Zoom's around, I can't help myself. :tongue

JK. I love ya, Zoom.

But the only word I don't use is the C-word. Well, and the F-word. No, not the 'fuck' f-word, the other one.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
But the only word I don't use is the C-word. Well, and the F-word. No, not the 'fuck' f-word, the other one.

Same here.

I keep my swearing to a minimum. My mom doesn't really care that I swear; in fact, she kind of thinks it's funny because I do it so rarely. If I swear, you can pretty much bet that I'm either really mad or having a crisis.

ETA: F-word: Think the word for "cigarette" in England.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
For bonus confusion, not only are our cigarettes called fags, in the UK we have a delicious savoury dish called faggots. I have some in my freezer right now.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Someone who used to be in my class had a father who's from the UK. And once on a field trip we were talking about cigarettes and he used the term they used in the UK. The rest of the trip, most of the people wouldn't let it go.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhh....

Thank the lord that "soul containers", or horcruxes isn't original to Harry Potter. :)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Why, for your novel? Don't make it too similar to HP, now :tongue

Nooo... I'm trying as hard as I possibly can.but, I'm also trying to figure out something to make my MC connected to the bad guy guy, like how Harry's parents were killed by Voldemort, how Voldemort made Harry a horcrux, ect. I'm not sure if I will use it or not, but just in case :tongue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.