What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken

...Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished MORTAL ENGINES by Philip Reeve. Really enjoyed it. I'll definitely read the sequels.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I gobbled up The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima and I just couldn't wait so I hopped into The Exiled Queen, the next in The Seven Realms series. OMG I love these books. Hard.

deltay

Registered
Reaction score
Currently reading Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I am about to crack the virtual spine of The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud.

of god. somebody farking save me from the delirium. i will die of tedium!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr. I liked it, didn't love it. But the writing is stellar.

Started The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson a few days ago. Interesting so far.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Currently obsessing over Francesca Lia Block. She is amazing! So far read Blood Roses, Violet and Claire, I Was A Teenage Fairy, and Wasteland. They're so short and brilliant.

Interesting fact: Book 1 of the Weetzie Bat series in PB costs $8.99 on Amazon. In contrast, the single-volume collection of all 6 Weetzie Bat novels in PB costs, on Amazon...$8.63. Difficult choice, that. :Shrug:

Mahesh

i love books....lol
Registered
Reaction score
I've just preorderd Mockingjay and Clockwork Angel, And Prey but Rachel Vincent and Sprit Bound by Richelle Mead

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on holiday the week after next, so I'm leaving off buying Mockingjay until I get back. I did see that Jenny Valentine has a new one out (The Double Life of Cassiel Roadnight) and I do want to read that, but that'll have to wait until I get back too...

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost a third of the way through Stolen. The further in I get, the more I'm eeriely creeped out. It's really well done.

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Got Hunger Games and Catching Fire winging their way to me right now! Hope they arrive soon, I'm so behind the times.

rifferaff

kickin' you-know-what
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rifferaff.typepad.com
I *loved* BEFORE I FALL so much. Definitely my fave YA book I've read this year. Currently reading RAMPANT by Diana Peterfreund. I love the concept but the beginning of the book is proceeding so slowly I'm not sure I'm going to stay with it.

brownyadon

Registered
Reaction score
I recently finished 'Me Talk Pretty One Day' by David Sedaris and like all his other books, it was hysterical. I am about to start Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I recently finished 'Me Talk Pretty One Day' by David Sedaris and like all his other books, it was hysterical. I am about to start Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman.

David Sedaris is hilarious, but he's not YA. Neither is the other book you mentioned.

Of course, anyone is welcome here! But this thread is aimed at YA.

:)

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Re-falling in love with Perks. The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta is next on my list (can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to this one!) :)

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Boneshaker by Cherie Preist. Intrigued, so far, although since starts are what I struggle with I've been in a bit critical of her start. The concept is so, so cool.

Also waiting for Mockingjay

Sean Wills

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl while also reading The Traitor Game by BR Collins.

So far The Traitor Game is much, much better. I can't believe I never heard anything about it up until a few weeks ago.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Sean Wills:
The Traitor Game by BR Collins

I thought this was a brilliant book and wasn't surprised when she won the Branford Bose a couple of years ago. I think she's got a 6 book deal with Bloomsbury - I met her on an Arvon course a few years ago and she read something out from a WIP that just had everyone in fits of laughter. She's a very talented writer.

MM

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl while also reading The Traitor Game by BR Collins.

So far The Traitor Game is much, much better. I can't believe I never heard anything about it up until a few weeks ago.

I loved THE TRAITOR GAME, too, which is a big deal for someone who's deathly allergic to fantasy.

Um, random question about TRAITOR GAME, though, for anyone on here who may have read it --

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

One reviewer mentioned that there were several instances that had undertones of sexual abuse (?). Now, I read the whole book, and I didn't get that...

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
The_Ink_Goddess:
One reviewer mentioned that there were several instances that had undertones of sexual abuse (?). Now, I read the whole book, and I didn't get that...

Yeah, there's a scene in the alternate world where the boy's locked in the Lord's rooms and describes how he's bruised and in pain. There was apparently more detail in an earlier draft but it was taken out.

MM

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Currently reading Numbers by Rachel Ward again, but might put it down again if I don't finish before I get Mockingjay

Also listening to Paper Towns by John Green

Status
Not open for further replies.