The Tenth Circle

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com
Isn't it weird how there's like a series of linked reality check moments? Oh my gosh, I'm talking to an editor on the phone! Oh my gosh, I'm signing a contract! Oh my gosh, that draft is COVERED in red marks! Oh my gosh, she's coming up with a production schedule!

It's enough to make this girl queasy and very, very excited. I wonder what the next reality check moment will be....?

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was 20 pp for a 2 book deal. All books were in the same contract. Is it a house thing where they send you a contract for each book?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, now I gotta go look how long mine was. It was for all three books in one, though, I do remember that. And honestly, I thought mine was fairly simple to read. None of it confused me.

(Got the next check of my advance money, so I got to order hubby's Christmas/b-day present: A professional KitchenAid stand mixer. He's giddy!)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Mine are pretty understandable by non-lawyer humans. But since I'm tying up myself and three books for the foreseeable future, I want legal eyes to give them the once over. I'm paranoid in small doses.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lisa!

Got my copyedits today. I haven't had the nerve to open them up and look yet. It's all done electronically, so there's no red pencil or anything. I'm afeared.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Copy-edits...so not the big story stuff...don't worry! It won't be that bad. Time-consuming, yes. Sort of a grind, I thought. But not too much creativity is needed, so at least you're over that hump.