Oh, the craving

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Every now and then, I get these odd, strong cravings (and no, I'm not pregnant. Just odd, I guess). Last month it was mandarin oranges (lots of them), before that it was asparagus, before that it was instant coffee, etc etc.

This week, it seems to be salad. Not just any salad, oh no- Spring Mix salad with homemade balsamic dressing and LOTS of fresh garlic. TONS of garlic. I have probably eaten 5 salads today, nothing else but salad, and I can't eat another bite.

Yet, I want more salad. I'm probably going to go get another plate of it, then end up feeling like crap because I've eaten an elephant's weight in leafy greens.

Anyone else get these cravings? Or do I belong on a different planet?

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry. Everyone gets some kind of craving from time to time.

Just last week I woke up in the middle of the night. I literally needed that new barbecue sandwich from Subway--it was so good. But I needed a foot long. No, two.

Then I find out that Subway has stopped selling them. I don't know if it's just our Subway or if they pulled the entire sandwich from the chain of restaurants but it really sucked balls. They only sold it for, like, two weeks.

And I've been unable to satisfy this craving since then. My twisted agony and hatred have turned my craving from barbecue to lust to pizza and now to. . .

. . .human flesh.

lfraser

Bored and Frantic
Registered
Reaction score
I became badly obsessed with Jelly Bellies for a while. I' buy them in bulk, and then eat gobfuls of them while I was writing. I had to stop buying them when I noticed that they were making me dizzy. My blood sugar must have been stratospheric.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I became badly obsessed with Jelly Bellies for a while. I' buy them in bulk, and then eat gobfuls of them while I was writing. I had to stop buying them when I noticed that they were making me dizzy. My blood sugar must have been stratospheric.
Or you could have been eating the crack flavored Jelly Bellies. Those are killer.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Tsuki, just be grateful your craving something moderately healthy. It could be worse, you could be craving Ice cream, or Bacon Sangwiches. This way, garlic breath aside, you'll stay the same shape. ish.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
I tend to crave a certain ethnicity of food; i.e. when we went south in January/February I couldn't get enough Mexican food. Right now I'm wanting & preparing lots of comfort food (chicken & dumplings, chili, turkey pot pie, mashed potatoes, etc.) Now I'm feeling the start of an Asian faze - Pho, pot stickers, shrimp fried rice, garlic/chili paste, etc.

Oh, shoot, now I'm getting hungry.....

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Yeah, I do the same thing. I'm on a "3 oranges a day" kick right now. Give me about a month and I won't want ANYTHING to do with oranges. I also do the monster salads with balsamic dressing (or, hell, straight balsamic vinegar). Then my acupuncturist told me that he usually throws kidney beans on salads, and I tried it, so now I'm wickedly addicted to salads with kidney beans and balsamic vinegar (and no...eating a lot of beans does not make you fart if your system is already accustomed to eating a lot of vegetables and stuff).

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I tend to crave a certain ethnicity of food; i.e. when we went south in January/February I couldn't get enough Mexican food. Right now I'm wanting & preparing lots of comfort food (chicken & dumplings, chili, turkey pot pie, mashed potatoes, etc.) Now I'm feeling the start of an Asian faze - Pho, pot stickers, shrimp fried rice, garlic/chili paste, etc.

Oh, shoot, now I'm getting hungry.....

I do that to....I crave Pho like a mofo (hahaha) sometimes. The guys at the Vietnamese restaurant all know my name, and they're used to seeing me 2-3 times a week for a couple of weeks, then nothing for a while, then 2-3 times a week. LOL

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup. It can be vegetarian or include any meat or fish you might prefer. It is typically served with a side plate of lime, bean sprouts and cilantro.

At the beginning of the meal, I usually squeeze the lime into the soup, add some of the cilantro. Then after there is more room in the bowl, I add the bean sprouts and the rest of the cilantro. The heat from the soup cooks the bean sprouts. I also love adding the garlic/chili paste. Garlic/chili past is a red sauce that is about 7 out of 10 on the heat scale.

Judy

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup. It can be vegetarian or include any meat or fish you might prefer. It is typically served with a side plate of lime, bean sprouts and cilantro.

At the beginning of the meal, I usually squeeze the lime into the soup, add some of the cilantro. Then after there is more room in the bowl, I add the bean sprouts and the rest of the cilantro. The heat from the soup cooks the bean sprouts. I also love adding the garlic/chili paste. Garlic/chili past is a red sauce that is about 7 out of 10 on the heat scale.

Judy

I love Pho so much it should be illegal. And spring rolls (minus the shrimp...I hate seafood). My husband swore up and down he wouldn't try it, but when we were in Guam, he tried it and loved it. YAY!!!!!!! Another Pho Addict!!

Oh, and the one I always go to has T-shirts that say: "(Name of Restaurant): It's Pho King Good"

(Pho is pronounced "fuh?", for those of you culturally deprived folks)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
I love Pho so much it should be illegal. And spring rolls (minus the shrimp...I hate seafood). My husband swore up and down he wouldn't try it, but when we were in Guam, he tried it and loved it. YAY!!!!!!! Another Pho Addict!!

Oh, and the one I always go to has T-shirts that say: "(Name of Restaurant): It's Pho King Good"

(Pho is pronounced "fuh?", for those of you culturally deprived folks)

Blasphemy! As a wife of a Navy husband you should LOVE seafood.

I mean think about it. Animals from the sea are the only edible beasts naturally seasoned with salt!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just before my you-know-what, and don't make me say it cause I will, I crave gasoline. Serious bizz.

Excuse me, I have to go to my car for a sec...

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Just before my you-know-what, and don't make me say it cause I will, I crave gasoline. Serious bizz.

If you're so adamant about saying it if we we insist you to say it then is there really a problem with saying it before someone gets a chance to force you to say it?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Blasphemy! As a wife of a Navy husband you should LOVE seafood.

I mean think about it. Animals from the sea are the only edible beasts naturally seasoned with salt!

HA! If it's blasphemy, I'm screwed: As a 3rd generation Navy wife, growing up in Seattle (king crab and salmon, anyone), and now living in Norfolk...you would think I'd be used to seafood. LOL Sorry, can't stomach it.

The only thing I'll eat that comes out of the water is a cow that went swimming.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com

I do too, but it's not so much a craving as much as "I WANT TO KILL MYSELF". But that's more after it starts than right before...

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
HA! If it's blasphemy, I'm screwed: As a 3rd generation Navy wife, growing up in Seattle (king crab and salmon, anyone), and now living in Norfolk...you would think I'd be used to seafood. LOL Sorry, can't stomach it.

The only thing I'll eat that comes out of the water is a cow that went swimming.

A cow that goes swimming? Sounds like. . .*snicker*. . .a mad cow. . .

. . .disease. . .

. . .uh. . .yeah. . .I'll sit myself in the corner, that was bad of me.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're so adamant about saying it if we we insist you to say it then is there really a problem with saying it before someone gets a chance to force you to say it?

Because some people don't like to hear the word "period", it makes think of blood then some smart ask is bound to tell me that it was TMI (too much info).

K! :D

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Because some people don't like to hear the word "period", it makes think of blood then some smart ask is bound to tell me that it was TMI (too much info).

K! :D

Huh. I thought the word was "marathon".:e2paperba

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tsuki, just be grateful your craving something moderately healthy. It could be worse, you could be craving Ice cream, or Bacon Sangwiches. This way, garlic breath aside, you'll stay the same shape. ish.
I've been craving a bunch of healthier stuff lately. It's starting to transform from salads to avocadoes and mangoes.

Hm.... I want a mango right....

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Don't even start on Asian food. I have killed many men for a taste of General Tso's. Once, I even ate a plate of it that had been sitting out for almost a week (well, okay, I was a little high at the time). I LOVE it. LOVE. I'll mangle a puppy for it.

....:cry: Okay, maybe not a puppy, but a nice healthy baby.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I do the same thing. I'm on a "3 oranges a day" kick right now. Give me about a month and I won't want ANYTHING to do with oranges. I also do the monster salads with balsamic dressing (or, hell, straight balsamic vinegar). Then my acupuncturist told me that he usually throws kidney beans on salads, and I tried it, so now I'm wickedly addicted to salads with kidney beans and balsamic vinegar (and no...eating a lot of beans does not make you fart if your system is already accustomed to eating a lot of vegetables and stuff).
Put a clove or two of fresh garlic, choped itsy bitsy, and about half a teaspon of honey in with the dressing. It's AMAZING on spinach. OHHHHHHHHHH put some pecans on it too! Oh my god, I need a salad! Brb!