• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Two Dollar Radio

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this small press?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. What I have found out about them through a google search has been good, but I haven't been able to find very much (I am looking for a publisher for a book of flash fiction and short stories).

AphraB

A faithful friend & a good library
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I interviewed the publishers about 5 years ago for an article in a book review journal. So they have not only survived past five-year mark (a good indicator for any business or non-profit), but their books are reviewed in The New York Times book review and the New York Review of Books, among other outlets.

I don't now how to describe their artistic ethos other than to say I can't describe it. A recent book, Crapalachia: A Biography of a Place by Scott McClanahan is on my "must read asap" list.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is/was hoping to launch "micro-budget film division" Two Dollar Radio Moving Pictures, for which they held an Indiegogo campaign that was 11.4% funded. We'll see if it materializes.

cyberianexile

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone here knows what Two Dollar Radio's typical response time is? I love the press, they've got some really interesting books, so I submitted to them a few months ago. My submission is still stuck at "Received" in Submittable. If you submitted to them, was this your experience? I don't want to nudge them if this is their normal timeframe.

cyberianexile

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure if crickets means I've posted my question in the wrong place, or no one here has submitted anything to this press. If the latter, you'd think the publisher wouldn't be so bogged down with submissions that they'd take months and months. :)

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
I thought these folks sounded wonderful and submitted a ms to them in July '13. At the time their website said to feel free to contact them after 3 months if there was no response. I waited 4 months and politely nudged in November. In January '14, I found a second email address and tried that, as well as the first address. I never heard back and gave up.

I checked their current submission system and it now reads: "...it is not always possible for us to respond individually." There you go...

cyberianexile

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Augusto. At least they don't say "no simultaneous submissions" -- sounds like I wouldn't want to hold my breath!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Think of it as buying us a cup of coffee to sip while reading your manuscript.

No, I won't.

A magazine/press who claims that a fee should be counted as "postage" should also allow authors to submit via a way that does not give money directly to that magazine/press. Such as, you know, actually paying for postage.

And the quote above is really just saying, "Hey, consider this a reading fee."