Nine Things I Hate About People - a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

deacon

9 Things I Hate About Everyone

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their *** to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found i! t? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their as$es!

5.When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7.When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8.When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

well, i feel much better now. :D

Last edited:

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Yeah, well, some TV's aren't able to change the channel if you don't have the remote. :p

We have satellite, so if I lose the sat. remote, we're pretty much watching whatever's on the channel we were watching before we lost the remote. Forever.

:p again.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
deacon said:

8.When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

Income Taxes. Even after you die, ya still gotta file the bastards.

Akiahara

Registered
Reaction score
expatbrat said:
10. Those people who say "everything happens for a reason" when something goes wrong.

Why does no one ever say "everything happens for a reason" when everything works out dandy?

Okay... rant... but I absolutely HATE it when people say that. Or, "God works in mysterious way" or "God has a plan"... and they only say it when bad **** happens.

I had a child pass away and people said things like that to me and my husband. And, well, since we're not Christian, and I think that's messed up to say in that situation anyway... it made me want to throw things at nurses.

Okay, I'm done.

Akiahara

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Californians are allowed to have more hate than most people. They have the largest population to complain about.

In this country, anyway.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Tiny Terror--only 9?? I can think of at least 30 off the top of my head.

Akiahara

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no, no, no. I disagree! I think Washington is by far the worst state I've been to. It's terrible.

But I will say that California drive-thru people are some of the most rude and incompetent people I've ever seen. It wasn't like that in Spokane.

I think we all get complaining rights on the sole topic of traffic. Yep. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
'Tis true. I see the craziest stuff down here! That Satan guy really p!sses me off with that goofy damn toupee he wears.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
The weather's great, but the people are something else.

I live in Texas,(close enough to Hell, especially in summer) and I'm constantly astounded how people will stare right through you like you're made of glass when you say something simple like, "Good morning."

It makes me want to kick 'em in the shins.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
deacon said:

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

if you eat your cake, you don't have it any more, do you?
And aadams- quit being negative about Texas!

Akiahara

Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
Naw, I meant Addams. Cali's been a nice place to live somewhat. The weather's great, but the people are something else.

Ha, well, I guess I can see that. I'm originally from California, so moving back here wasn't a big deal. :)

I'm just glad for diversity. Where I moved from was just full of... sorry if I offend... conservative white people. A few girlfriends and I went to a club and were absolutely shocked to see about twenty black people in one place. That was seriously VERY rare there. *shrug*

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
if you eat your cake, you don't have it any more, do you?

Wow...I've never known what that phrase REALLY means before now.

It'd make a lot more sense if it was "You just want to eat your cake and have it, too," I think.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
You know, it took me a while of heearing that phrase before I snapped to it. Now that you said that I don't feel so stupid.

Akiahara

Registered
Reaction score
You know what phrase is insane?

People say, "I could care less", mistaking it for, "I couldn't care less".

The first one implies that they do care, when what they're trying to say, is that they don't care at all. My husband does it all the time. I feel compelled to correct it EVERY time. It makes me want to grind my teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.