Prayer requests.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Losing a beloved husband like Howie must be devastating. Add to that, Susie, you've been taking good care of him for these past few years through his illnesses. I think the shock of his passing is the worst you've ever experienced. And add to that, your sister and BIL are not nearby and aren't a true part of your life. It can get lonely, I'm sure, as you can't always depend on neighbors or friends to be with you.

So...there will come a time when you'll see the sun shining and feel the warmth. Right now it's probably difficult. I'm praying for you, Susie, as we all are.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Thx much, stormie. That's very nice of you and most appreciated. Hope all's well with you. Yes, it's devastating. Prayers for all and much appreciation for yours. :Hug2:s

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I've taken down the post that that upset you, Susie. In no way was it intended to minimize what you're going through.

Sending prayers.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ben - prayers sent for your friend.

Susie - As always, prayers and special thoughts winging their way to you.:Hug2:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Thx much, all. Much appreciation and appreciate your deleting your post, Siri. Means a lot to me. :Hug2:s 'n prayers to all.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kinda Down...

Haven't been around much because a beautiful, precious, dear friend died on Thursday.

She had inoperable brain tumors.

Doris would have been 60 years old in July.

She lost her husband of 40 years 2 years ago, and her Mom passed six months later...

Three months after that, she was diagnosed with brain cancer.

I spoke at her funeral, and I have no doubt she's in Heaven, but it's still heartbreaking, yanno.

*SIGH*

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
So sorry for your loss, Lavern, and for your continued difficulties, Susie. I'm having a bit of a rough patch, too, after the passing of my dad in November. I was all good after the funeral, but lately I have these panicky moments of thinking I need to go see him, like I've been forgetting to check on him. It's very disconcerting, but I'm certain it's all part of the grieving process.

And that's for my dad. I can only imagine how you must feel every day, Susie.

Prayers and thoughts for both of you guys as you pass through your grief. :Hug2:

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Elaine, so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent and pray everyone feels better and things go much better. Big :Hug2:s.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Oh, Elaine, grief can hit at any time. I, too, thought I was fine after my sister died. Then a year and a half later, it hit hard. Praying for you!

Everyone--please pray for my neighbor. She's in her 50s but has problems due to the after effects of chemo. She was in her kitchen at 6 this morning, getting ready for school (she teaches high school), and fell hard. She might have broken her hip; she couldn't get up.

Thanks!

thehairymob

If I had a brain I'd still be dumb
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Life passes in a flash
leaving us to mourn
those so dear.
Friends, family,
those that touch our soul.
All the memories held within
to remind us of their smile,
the sound of their voice
as they rebuke us
for something silly.
So we must go on
till that day we are reunited
in our next incarnation.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Thank you all. Stormie, it's--well, nice isn't quite the word...maybe comforting--to hear it's not just an oddness of my brain. I'm so sorry for your neighbor. Ugh, after chemo, this must feel terrible. I hope it's not as bad as feared, and wish her a speedy recovery.

Thehairymob--as always, a lovely and poignant poem.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been around much because a beautiful, precious, dear friend died on Thursday.

She had inoperable brain tumors.

Doris would have been 60 years old in July.

She lost her husband of 40 years 2 years ago, and her Mom passed six months later...

Three months after that, she was diagnosed with brain cancer.

I spoke at her funeral, and I have no doubt she's in Heaven, but it's still heartbreaking, yanno.

*SIGH*

So much sorrow in such a short time. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lavern. Doris sounds like a wonderful person.:Hug2:

I'm having a bit of a rough patch, too, after the passing of my dad in November. I was all good after the funeral, but lately I have these panicky moments of thinking I need to go see him, like I've been forgetting to check on him. It's very disconcerting, but I'm certain it's all part of the grieving process.

And that's for my dad. I can only imagine how you must feel every day, Susie.

Prayers and thoughts for both of you guys as you pass through your grief. :Hug2:

Elaine, sending you huge hugs. I lost my dad a year past in Nov. He'd suffered terribly and his death was a blessing in the end so I didn't feel I could really grieve for him. It's only now 16 months later that I really feel his absence.

Grief hits us all in different ways, best just to go with the flow. :Hug2:

Everyone--please pray for my neighbor. She's in her 50s but has problems due to the after effects of chemo. She was in her kitchen at 6 this morning, getting ready for school (she teaches high school), and fell hard. She might have broken her hip; she couldn't get up.

Thanks!

Stormie, sending prayers for your neighbour.

thehairymob - lovely poem.

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers and e-hugs for everyone, especially you who are grieving the death of a loved one. :Hug2:

Please pray for my Little Sis and her family. I can't tell you much about the situation, but it could potentially get ugly.

Also, my Sis the teacher has been to the doctor twice in the past 5 days. She has severe pain in and around her big toe that's most likely gout, but could be an infection or a stress fracture. Unfortunately, she's an itinerate teacher and can't sit down to teach at most of her schools. Please pray for her as well.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AZ, prayers sent for little sis and teacher sis. I hope everything works out.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I know I'm not around much these days but I do think of you and pray.
an update on my situation. I am going to have hip replacement surgery in June. I am looking forward to the outcome but not necessarily the procedure. I like the surgeon and feel good about the decision. My husband is and will be great. My parents are coming to help, as well. If you'd keep me in your thoughts and prayers that would be great. Thanks.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sass, sending healing thoughts and prayers for your upcoming surgery.:Hug2:

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Wishing you all the best, Sassy. That surgery has vastly improved over the years. I sure hope it brings you much-needed relief. It sounds like you'll have great hands-on support, but we'll be out here in your virtual corner. Take care and let us know how it goes. :Hug2: