The Tenth Circle

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, HC for cool swag! You'll be in that pile with one of those nifty stickers soon!

Got the first draft of the Book 2 synopsis written out longhand. Hopefully it'll be lovely and tight and make perfect sense when I key it in and send it to The Agent. Then I have to do the minor edits The Editor wants on Book 1. And write a post for the MI communal blog.

*slugs more coffee*

WOW... you are busy (in a good way of course). You may want to just buy a big BOX O JOE! Or one of those hats with the drinking tubes...

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Mmmm, a big gulp hat full of coffee...I'd hate to wear it at work though. It would bring the hamster cage imagery too close to home.
Anyway, how's everyone doing on Circle X?

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Started going through my page proofs last night, but only made it three chapters in before my eyes were crossing. I've read this stuff SO many times before, in the last three years. I'm glad they have a proofreader going over this too, because I'm honestly not sure I can catch any typos. My eyes just won't see them.

Bleh.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Started going through my page proofs last night, but only made it three chapters in before my eyes were crossing. I've read this stuff SO many times before, in the last three years. I'm glad they have a proofreader going over this too, because I'm honestly not sure I can catch any typos. My eyes just won't see them.

Bleh.

Can you try reading it aloud to yourself? That helped me.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Page proofs are a pain, but I've caught some pretty embarrassing mistakes when I've gone through them. But don't stress too much--other sets of eyes at your pub should be going over them, as well. :)

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, HC for cool swag! You'll be in that pile with one of those nifty stickers soon!

Got the first draft of the Book 2 synopsis written out longhand. Hopefully it'll be lovely and tight and make perfect sense when I key it in and send it to The Agent. Then I have to do the minor edits The Editor wants on Book 1. And write a post for the MI communal blog.

*slugs more coffee*

You can do it, Lily! :) (Oh, and I'll be happy to just be in any pile that doesn't have a clearance sign over it. ;))

Bleh.

Go Tas! *sends eye drops your way* :)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score

Bleh.

That happens to me too, but I eventually fall asleep. SO FRUSTRATING!:Shrug:
Is it horrible that I have read it so many times that I am completely bored with my MS?!

erinbee

slanted and enchanted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinblakemore.com

Bleh.

Tas, I wholeheartedly identify. I've read the book so many times that it just sounds like garbled nonsense now.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
There's like thousands of them! I'm not sure what to do with them all. I was expecting a couple hundred. They are very classy-looking. The back has a blurb, my website, the publicist's contact...and you could actually address them to someone and send them through the mail.

What DO I do with them all?

This has been the weirdest freakin' time. I can't even begin to cover it. The good stuff and the bad stuff seem to be at these extremes.

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Lisa! Why not ask bookstores to give them out before your launch? You can ask them to be selective - perhaps only to customers who bought something in your genre? They can tell the customer that your book might be something they would like to check out during their next visit. Alternatively, you can send them out to book club members. Just my 2 cents. :)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, you can send me thirty if you want. I'll take them to the next Sisters-in-Crime meeting I'm going to. Have you thought about setting up to do SKYPE interviews with groups/bookclubs? I think SKYPE is really catching on.

In other news, I'm still a little weirded out by yet another title change, but on a better note, I got an unexpected email from a children's librarian in Texas who is excited for the book because she thinks the story will appeal to the kids who frequent their library.

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Other Lisa-that is exciting! Is the genre YA? Don't forget school libraries/town libraries. I think I'd send them to every person I knew ;)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
I am one of your few Not YA writers here -- it's sort of suspense/literary hybrid. Melia, totally appreciate your offer and I will send you some -- Sisters in Crime is the right kind of group.

I went to see a fellow S0h0 author today, C@r@ Bl@ck -- she was doing a signing here in LA. What a nice woman! So I did hand out a few postcards there, on her advice!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Other Lisa - Definitely take some around and leave them at your local bookstores. Take some to the libraries around you. You can even mail them out to newspapers in your area with release information. Give them to book clubs. Take them with you to cons.

If you really have lots and lots, leave them at coffee shops and places book lovers go often. Heck, tuck a few into other books like yours at the book store. ;)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Thanks for the suggestions! Because I do have. A lot. Many!

I was thinking I should find some of those free postcard giveaway racks -- we have a lot of them in CA -- and tuck some in there.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Welcome, Kelle! What do you write, and what's your release date?

*puts on mod hat* Be sure to read the stickies in the newbie section; they give an overview of how things work around here. :)

Kelle

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I've written a YA memoir titled, Smile for the Camera. My release date is November 2010.