Christmas 2008 is coming

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Each year I make a solemn promise to myself never to go into a mall in December. I almost always manage it too. Better get started!

I loves Christmas.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's ok among friends, Sassy, but I think it should be a capital offense for retailers to mention Christmas before Thanksgiving is over. :tongue
Oh- I whole heartedly agree.
(Hey, Sass. Didn't you bring this up last year? And the year before that? And the year before that? :ROFL: Only kidding.)
Yes. Yes I did. (Actually I did last year. I think Billy Thrillydid the year before. He wanted to be the first to wish us a Merry Christmas.)

It's not even Labor Day and you're talking about Christmas. That's just so ... so ... WRONG. :(

What about all the poor neglected holidays between now and then? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, et. al. What about them? Huh? I think you've hurt their feelings. :(
See above. I am not trying to over shadow those. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving. BUt they aren't going to set me back financially. I was thinking, I get these catalogs and see things and think, 'oh so and so would like that...' then I had a revelation. Why not start ordering things as I see them? Then I won't get slammed financially in Decemeber, and I won't forget what gift I saw for whom. Mainly I don't want to get slammed financially. And I want stress free Christmas. I figure if I am stressed I am missing the point.

Each year I make a solemn promise to myself never to go into a mall in December. I almost always manage it too. Better get started!

I loves Christmas.
:) For me it isn't so much avoiding the mall. I worry and fret and try to please everyone. So I figure I need to A) decide what really matters and B) plan ahead so that I can enjoy Christmas, because I do love it.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
This really isn't even a little bit funny. This is giving me stomach knots. Seriously.

I don't want to put people on ignore, but can I put a thread on ignore? Just the title hurts me.

Goes to bury head in the sand at the poetry forum.

I'll come back out on December 26th.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Friends and Family -

Please don't send any thing for Christmas. Do not buy any thing.
Homemade cookies are acceptable if you feel you must indulge.

I am currently getting rid of things. No more things.
Comestibles are always welcome - they don't linger.
One of the absolutely best things about living in an RV and traveling is that family and friends know better than to give us some useless knick-knack. If we can't eat it or drink it or otherwise use it up, it probably won't make it past the front door.

That said, my mom crocheted an afghan in the perfect colors last year. We certainly had no problem finding room for that. :)

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Give cash or foodstuffs. In all else, I doubt the accuracy of your estimates of my tastes.

Also, gift oneupsmanship has been declared illegal in 32 states, and hurt feelings over non-reciprocal gift valuation is a felony everywhere except RI.