College Students Writing For Teens

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
If you really wanted to do Camp, you could always be a rebel and continue your current story.

Totally! But there's definitely a different feel to starting a brand new story for Nano--that sort of excitement that gets you so pumped for Nano because you have such a great idea. :) Although this isn't really Nano, but I guess it's the next best thing, since November is always the worst month to attempt to write a 50k novel for me. I haven't participated in two years now, unfortunately, haha.

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Math has been my enemy for a loooong time. But holy crap I love camping. Now I want to go camping.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm able to finish my current project before the end of next week, then I'll go ahead and do NaNo. I have three different stories I could do for it--all of which have been in planning stages for the past year, because I refuse to work on something else until I've finished AM--, so it shouldn't be *too* difficult to have to catch up. Especially since I've basically written a couple of scenes (from the middle, unfortunately, but that's also helpful).

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
You may ask...why the flying fuck wasn't this stuff in book 1, when the MC had body armor and a laser rifle and fuck else?

I didn't ask, because I have no idea what book 1 is. ;)

1) It's expensive
2) It's useless in space because 99% of detection isn't visual, it's by HEAT and active camo doesn't do a damn thing for heat
3) The ability to produce and move it into space didn't exist at that time.

Sadly, unlike harry potter, there is ONE tiny flaw with active camo: It can't cover up the eyes. I mean, if it did...how would you see?

But that sounds great to me! Is the MC no longer in space? Where is she using the camo that it's now capable of camouflaging without the use of infrared tech to spot her?

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
So nervous...I just sent off an application for an internship.:scared:

I'm not participating in Camp this year (never have), but I'll be working on revising my VD. *pets the precious* I salute all of you that do NaNo and Camp NaNo - that is hard stuff and I am always so impressed with people that do it. :)

Pinguicha

Has the cutest cat in the world!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pinguicha.wordpress.com
I'm doing Camp Nano this year, despite June being exam season and despite the fact that I have to completely revise my current novel (I've been cutting and writing and cutting and writing). I really do want to move two of my YA projects forward, though (one's fantasy, the other Steampunk), so I'll be there in both June and August!

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I just went out to eat with an old teacher of mine (who's also a really good friend). I had her for language arts in 7th grade. ...We spent half the time talking about books/movies/shows, 1/4 about my writing projects, 1/8 about mythology, and the other eighth about life in general. Oh...except I suppose stuff about boys kind of ended up falling into all the categories.... :D

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Camp Nano starts in an hour (for me!) Yay! I felt guilty before for not having written today, then I remembered that at midnight it's June 1, and therefore it's better that I save my writing energy for later. ;) Anyone else staying up 'til midnight (and beyond) to knock out 1667+ words?

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm up, just not writing at the moment. Taking a breath now that I've finished the latest revision of chapter one for Saber Tooth.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I was up *WAY* too late last night, and it wasn't for any good reason, either. And then, of course, my body still wanted its eight hours of sleep, so I woke up like ten minutes ago. What a wasted day. (-_-)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm the world's biggest idiot. I've been killing myself this week, getting all my notes done ready for exam revision because I thought my exams started this Tuesday. Turns out it's the Tuesday after! Glad I realised lol. So today I wrote in my WIP for the first time in weeks cos the last few weeks I've done exam revision and my major assignments. Felt so good.

Good luck, Smiley! I'm sure you'll get it :)

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
One of many participating in Camp Nano. Thing are going well so far, but I've been Nanos for ages and have never won (most ever was 25,000) so I'm hoping if I really work now then I won't get so behind later.

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
One of many participating in Camp Nano. Thing are going well so far, but I've been Nanos for ages and have never won (most ever was 25,000) so I'm hoping if I really work now then I won't get so behind later.

You can do it! Just tell your Inner Editor to shut up and take the back seat--if that's your problem with completing Nano, that is. It was totally mine when I did Nano the first time, but I haven't done it in two years now, so I have less of a problem with writing drivel for a first draft. Honestly, I think it was because I've heard of so many other writers who write terrible first drafts, so it gives me confidence to go forward, even if my writing is terrible. It doesn't matter how many adverbs plague the page as long as there are words on it, you know? :D At least, that's how I like to think of drafting a novel.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I just got home from a wedding that made me cry just a little bit. One of my closest friends in the world (and has been since 7th grade) is now married. She married the guy who we told her time and again (ever since 8th grade) that he liked her. It was awesome and happy and sweet, and sad all at the same time. :)

InsanitySquares

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Missing the June Camp Nano because, well, I just forgot about it. I wanted to do one of them, but I'm on holiday for a week in August which pretty much rules that out as a Camp month for me too. And I need to get a new project to start on. Considering just starting Camp a couple of days late and just seeing how far I get.

Pinguicha

Has the cutest cat in the world!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pinguicha.wordpress.com
I just got home from a wedding that made me cry just a little bit. One of my closest friends in the world (and has been since 7th grade) is now married. She married the guy who we told her time and again (ever since 8th grade) that he liked her. It was awesome and happy and sweet, and sad all at the same time. :)

That is so awesome! Young love almost never goes right - it's so sweet when it does.

Back to Camp Nano... I'm at 5,5k, which, compared to my NaNoWriMo last November is shameful (I was past 10k in the first two days). But I have a test tomorrow, so I'll make up for my lack of word counting later.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I feel like I know so many engaged people. I just had 2 friends get engaged, 1 married, another couple got married last year. Sigh. I feel so, so single...

I just had my high school bff over for 4 days, thus the silence on my part.

But I'm baaack! :D

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I feel like I know so many engaged people. I just had 2 friends get engaged, 1 married, another couple got married last year. Sigh. I feel so, so single...

You have no idea.... Just this past Saturday alone I had three friends get married (and I was also friends with two of their (now) spouses), another one the day before, and two more (also friends with both spouses) the week before that. There's also another wedding in two weeks, and I've had at least two other friends who've gotten engaged in the past month. In the past year... I don't want to even *think* about the number of my friends who've gotten married. :tongue Of my friends who I actually do stuff with, I'm the only one not in any kind of relationship. Talk about feeling single.....

That's exciting about getting to see your friend! How was it? :)

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
So many weddings! Haha. Two of my friends got engaged recently, and it made me feel so old for some reason (I'm 19). Like--my friends are old enough to get MARRIED! How crazy is that? Granted, they're a year older than I am and they're also waiting a few years to get married, but still.

I'm crazy happy for them, though. I'm going to cry so much on their wedding day. They're like my family. XD

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I feel like getting engaged/married this...young is so...young. :roll: I don't know how to explain it properly!

It was so nice seeing my high school bff. We went to a graduation party for a mutual friend of ours, also from HS. So weird to see people after, like, 5 years, but great to catch up. :)

Guys...I am 20 words away from getting to 50,000 in my revisions :D Whee!! Goal, almost complete!:snoopy:

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I feel like getting engaged/married this...young is so...young. :roll: I don't know how to explain it properly!

I'm 22, and the majority of my friends who've gotten married/engaged are typically between six months older and six months younger than me. It's not that young to me, but part of that is the fact that I've grown up in a culture where a lot of people get married young (half the girls I knew in high school are married, and half of those have at least one kid by now).

It was so nice seeing my high school bff. We went to a graduation party for a mutual friend of ours, also from HS. So weird to see people after, like, 5 years, but great to catch up. :)

:D

Guys...I am 20 words away from getting to 50,000 in my revisions :D Whee!! Goal, almost complete!:snoopy:
Sweet! :banana: :e2bouncey :banana:

I'm less than seven chapters from being finished with AM! :snoopy:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score

I'm 22, and the majority of my friends who've gotten married/engaged are typically between six months older and six months younger than me. It's not that young to me, but part of that is the fact that I've grown up in a culture where a lot of people get married young (half the girls I knew in high school are married, and half of those have at least one kid by now).

:D

Sweet! :banana: :e2bouncey :banana:

I'm less than seven chapters from being finished with AM! :snoopy:

Geez, I'm just trying to get through college, not thinking too much about marriage right now. Hahaha.

I'm still stuck on chapter 6 of my horrody. I hate that stage and that feeling.

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! That's fantastic. :partyguy:

Revisions are soul-crushingly tough for me. I wonder... do you guys like drafting or revising better? Seems like everyone likes one or the other more.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Hm...I loved drafting this novel but these revisions are muy importante an agent requested them! :) So I am liking these revisions because I've never really edited before (guilty as charged) and they're helping me strengthen the novel - adding character development and changing useless plotpoints.

Yeah I grew up with family that got married in their 30's or later, so 22 is young for me. Granted the couple that just got engaged- one has been w/her bf since she was 18 (now she is 23) they're getting married summer 2013, and the other has been with her bf for 2 years but they're not planning to get married until she has her master's so 4 more years...