• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Hunting for the right writing buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronDragon

Normal isn’t a virtue
Registered
Reaction score
I’ll add my name to the list of people looking for a good dependable writing buddy. I mostly want someone I can talk with about the progress of my writing, and they talk to me. Nothing is more fun than bouncing ideas around and playing with plotting a novel. I’m great at giving feedback and encouragement and the occasional kick in the pants. I defiantly need some help with motivation as I’m so easily distracted.

My goal is to finish the current draft of my WIP by November 1 so I can participate in this year’s NaNoWriMo. That means a lot of work to get done in just six weeks.

I’m firmly entrenched in fantasy /science fiction (with the occasional jaunt into thrillers). Currently my obsession is steampunk, both in my reading and writing. I’ve spent a lifetime with my nose in books in the F/SF area and I’m comfortable reading and listening and talking about everything in that area

NicoleTHarmon

Registered
Reaction score
I’ll add my name to the list of people looking for a good dependable writing buddy. I mostly want someone I can talk with about the progress of my writing, and they talk to me. Nothing is more fun than bouncing ideas around and playing with plotting a novel. I’m great at giving feedback and encouragement and the occasional kick in the pants. I defiantly need some help with motivation as I’m so easily distracted.

My goal is to finish the current draft of my WIP by November 1 so I can participate in this year’s NaNoWriMo. That means a lot of work to get done in just six weeks.

I’m firmly entrenched in fantasy /science fiction (with the occasional jaunt into thrillers). Currently my obsession is steampunk, both in my reading and writing. I’ve spent a lifetime with my nose in books in the F/SF area and I’m comfortable reading and listening and talking about everything in that area
I too am looking for a writing buddy. However I write mystery and flash fiction on different topics not science fiction. I don't know if you would want to work with me for that reason. But I do like to read and pick up pointers. And I help fix or give suggestions to what I fix. Where do you live? I live in NJ. Maybe we can exchange skype addresses and actually do a video call possibly if you decide to use me as a writing partner.

IronDragon

Normal isn’t a virtue
Registered
Reaction score
A big offer landed in my lap this morning.

I am in process of the family business so I’ve been job hunting for a couple weeks now. Today I found out I qualify for a $5000 grant to pay for career retraining. It’s an intensive five week course where I’m in training 8 hours a day plus homework. This will be in addition to me working in the evenings and weekends on the last house we’re flipping. I am just not going to have time to do serious writing for quite a while. Guess NaNoWriMo will not be happening for me either. I might hang out a little bit here at the water cooler time and energy permitting. But I just won’t have the time and energy to be the kind of writing buddy I would like. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll try to hook up with someone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.