Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to write this kind of... monoglue, as it were. Nothing serious, nothing...set in stone. Just something that sprang to mind. Sounds similar to Doctor Who, but... not. If you know what I mean?
I was feeling quite bitter after watching such an amazing performance on DW, because, well, I'd kill to an actress on TV. But let's just say those dreams will never be. So if anyone wants to read it, here you go.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a super hero. Of flying through the sky, travelling through time and seeing the world. Maybe even fighting crime once in a while.
That all changed when I met him.
That guy who made my life so much more. Made me realise I was perfect, just as I was. Am.
He turned my world around. Upside down. Spinning, twirling, bending, stretching, until I was beyond what I used to be. To what I could be. What I can be.
He opened my eyes. Colours flew everywhere, making this world, my life so much more beautiful.
He showed me places I’d never even imagined before. Never before thought possible.
He always wore these cute, but extremely geeky glasses. His hair was, well, that was one of the things I loved most about him. It would be so messy, no matter how much you tried to get it to stay in one place or even straighten it, it would still act like it’d come out of bed. Or been dragged through a hedge. Backwards.
That day he told me he wanted to take me on a whirlwind adventure. Well, how could I say no?
I must have screamed so loud. With excitement of course.
One day, he surprised me.
It was my 18th birthday, he took my hand and told me to trust him. I said I will always trust him. He said I was to close my eyes and he’d lead me.
Looking back, I realise now how delicate his path was. The ins and outs, so intricate.
He owned a magical box. Well, not so much a box but... so much more than a box. Not much taller than himself, and the brightest green you could ever vision. As green as a freshly cut garden.
A door that was crying out to be pushed open, faced us.
This wasn’t like those tales of bizarre space ships. This was beyond spectacular. Beyond anything I could possibly comprehend. Was I dreaming?
I felt my mouth turn up in the biggest grin ever, overwhelming joy punching through my chest like, like fireworks on Guy Fawkes night. The final big bang.
I reached out, as far as I could, with my eyes trying to take in every single magnificent detail. Wanting, needing, to touch this... thing. This vehicle, I guess you could call it.
I felt my eyes begin to glaze over, and well up with uncontrollable tears of joy.
I asked him how. How was something like this even the slightest bit possible?
He said, “I’m still not sure myself.”
I tried not to laugh, for fear I’d go hysterical.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It is amazing. :D

Also, I added you on Skype, and if you want, you can add me on MSN. :)

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
In a way, if I changed it enough, I could take that monologue, and turn it into a short story. Depends how my mind feels, I guess. Okay, skype request accepted.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I think my mom read my notebooks with all my plans for my books. :S

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG I forgot a good way to format emails in a manuscript. Somebody help?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going to write how I think it should be done and then see what betas say (if I ever get to that stage that is)

ETA: Right, I hit my target for today, so now I'm going to watch some Glee and then go to bed.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I have a first chapter written. I finally have that idea off my chest. Now, for the other scenes that aren't even in the first book. :tongue

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I think I definitely like the switch from David Tennant to Matt Smith better than Christopher to David. *is watching 5 (for the first time)*

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I just realized tomorrow will be ten years since 9-11. :( Ten years ago today, we had the twin towers. :S

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know that it was the tenth today! I thought it was earlier. Much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.