Manchester Dogs' Home

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Animal lovers may wish to look away. It's a hard one.

At least 53 dogs are confirmed to have died – and 150 more have been injured – after a suspected arson attack at Manchester Dogs’ Home.
Desperate staff and volunteers at the Harpurhey sanctuary, as well as members of the public, battled flames to rescue dozens of animals from the outbreak.
Police last night arrested a 15-year-old boy on suspicion of deliberately sparking the blaze.

Full article here.
More details here, and a JustGiving page set up in the wake has already raised over £500,000.

If this is arson as the police suspect, I can't even comprehend it. It's been on my mind most the morning, and I'm taking what solace I can in the reports of people running in to save the animals - as well as the many hundreds who have turned up to provide food and bedding.

Just... :cry:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
A fifteen year old boy might not even have considered the dogs inside.

Then again, he might.

And I can't figure out which scenario infuriates me more.

Jerboa

frelled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ejtett.weebly.com
He's fifteen. Not an idiot. (Well, he is a fucking idiot, but you know what I mean!) Complete scumbag.

I donated a few days ago.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
While this is a horrible scenario, I can't help but feel that the Facebook campaign about this is terrible - there is a photo being shared of the kid along with a blurb about how his family have had to go into protection following what he did.