• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Davey Literary & Media (Tricia Davey)

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
This is the first time I have not been able to find info on an agency on AW.

Davey Literary and Media Management

Anyone heard of them? I found the name on QT but noticed that someone commented how no one has heard a response from Tricia Davey since 2009. They have a working website, list books that they have sold ot are coming out. But I couldn't find them on P&E or here....

Anyone know more about them? thanks!

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, their website looks good. I see it lists sales they have made etc... But, I dont know, the fact that no one is saying anything about them is worrisome.

chicklit

Registered
Reaction score
All queries go to the same email address and I sent one on 9/9. I just addressed it to Ms. Davey, which, in hindsight, could've been interpreted as either agent. I just had a request for a full from them tonight (10/20); came from someone I presume to be an intern.

Last edited:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
so at least they are responding. Maybe they just respond when they are really into a project. Congrats on your request!!

chicklit

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks very much :)

I was actually just Googling them myself to get a bit more info. If anyone has any, I'd be keen to hear it. Thanks!

sternergal

WordWulfsWife
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordwulf.weebly.com
Anything back?

Hi Chicklit:
Anything back from Tricia Davey yet? My husband just received a request today for a full manuscript and we're excited, but tentative.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any new info about this agency. They seem absolutely legit, but I can't find too many sales. Thanks.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I got a request for a full from an intern at this agency today. (Sent the query yesterday evening, so fast turnaround.) I was reading on query tracker that it seems they don't respond to queries unless interested. Also, some people were saying they never got a response after the full request - that this agency doesn't even respond to fulls unless interested. Other people did get responses, so who knows. I'll update if/when I hear back.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full from an intern at this agency today. (Sent the query yesterday evening, so fast turnaround.) I was reading on query tracker that it seems they don't respond to queries unless interested. Also, some people were saying they never got a response after the full request - that this agency doesn't even respond to fulls unless interested. Other people did get responses, so who knows. I'll update if/when I hear back.

Congrats JoNightshade on the request! Let us know what happens. I still havent queried them yet, not sure why not.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
So, it's confirmed. This agency does NOT respond to fulls. They requested a full from me a while ago. I have now sent two follow up emails. The first I sent directly to the email address that the request came from. The second email I sent to the email I had queried at. There was no response to either email.

Very unprofessional conduct, in my opinion. Full manuscripts require some kind of response, even if it's just a form.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
Anything more recent on this agency? One of the comments at Query Tracker suggests they might be out of business.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Their website has a 2018 copyright on it, their clients page showcases books with 2018 release dates (though there are a couple there that must be out by now that are still listed as pending). I would say that the website was updated earlier this year which suggests they are still in business but updating the website is not high on their priorities.