• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] John Hawkins & Associates, Inc.

nadja1972

on submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrisandberg.com
kobacat - you can still query a different agent at JHA. It's probably best if you wait until the end of the agency's stated response time and if you haven't heard back from William Reiss by then, go ahead and query one of his colleagues.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit embarrassed. I queried William Reiss just now and, for perhaps the first time in the process, didn't check him out on querytracker first -- I was just so keen to submit! Got an out of office reply (in its baldest sense: it says "I am away from the office"), checked querytracker and the consensus seems to be that he's retired. No indication of this on the JHA website and it does seem that people have had replies in the meantime, all rejections.

Gah! All the JHA agents seem awesome and I could have queried a different one, had I done my homework.

kobacat, I'm in the same boat. Except I did check QT, and I swear there was no mention of semi-retirement until after I sent.

I've been undecided about the most professional way to proceed, because the auto-email was so simple, no mention in it or on their website of his retiring. I'm giving it some time, and then will see if someone else in their agency seems like a good fit.
Good luck!

kobacat

Registered
Reaction score
He got back with a short polite no -- which is very classy of him!

Onwards.

culmo80

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Moses Cardona and got a template rejection 2 days later. And I mean template to the T. "Thank you for thinking of me with your query for." That's not a mistake on my part, he didn't even fill in the part where you are supposed to insert the title.
At least give the appearance of caring when you send out a rejection email.

Brian J. Helt

Registered
Reaction score
"Thank you for thinking of me with your query for." Same as Culmo80. How hard is it to copy and paste a title? While I have to say it is somewhat generous of them to reply to queries, it's pretty unprofessional to have such a glaring mistake in the rejections.