My keyboard

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
is acting like The Editor From Hell. :rant:

It keeps moving my text around, so that what I'm typing ends up in a different place - and when I go to cut it out, it does weird interpretive-text-things as though it was one of those ghastly new-fangled phones with a spellcheckything that decide what you want to say before you've said it.

Is it possessed or something? How can I work like this?? I CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS!!! *insert tanty emoticon here*

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Ah... I'm guessing it's not your keyboard, but your text editor.

It could be your keyboard, but I've never seen one act up like what you're explaining.

Can you describe the problem? What word processor you're using? Your Operating system? Laptop/desktop?

I've never seen the auto-spell function on a word processor before, or maybe I haven't wanted to look one up.
Microsoft Word does do a "false" completion to a long word. When you start typing a word, the processor will guess what you mean and highlight the rest of the word. But it doesn't fill in, it just shows you.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you both - someone is going to have a look at it for me. Tey think what you think - it's a computer thing.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried completely rebooting your computer?

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
If you are using a laptop with a touchpad mouse, it may be that the touchpad booted up with some strange sensitivity configuration that it interferes with the USB-plugged keyboard and mouse.

Also, you may want to check your USB connectors for a rogue wireless stud... LOL

I have a wireless Logitech K400 keyboard / mouse combo and installed the USB stud onto my kid's computer. Whenever he popped Diablo3, I could take control of his character remotely and make it do weird things. I did this several times over the span of a few days, all the while him thinking his computer was infected by some virus. So much fun.

-cb

ETA: The more I think of it, the more it sounds like you are using a USB mouse and you rest your thumbs on or near the touchpad as you type. Just deactivate the touchpad.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And the prize goes to - cbenoi1! :partyguy:

There was a thing inside the computer that was - well - onned when it should have been offed. Or the other way around. It was a technical thing. Computer person explained it to me ( :poke: how's that for a waste of time? In one head and out the other...) and then added a thing - a different thing - to the desktop for me to hit when it happens again.

As I'm sure it will.

Thank you all so much for your sweetness and you know - technicality.