Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My Christmas was alright. Ate too much, and was heaps tired by the time I got home.

Sis's boyfriend's mum couldn't make it. She was feeling sick (she's had health problems this year that were flaring up) which means I still have never met her.

I got a bit more than I was expecting for Christmas... More money from the grandparents and a more valuable gift voucher from sis and her boyfriend than I got last year. Hence being able to afford Windows 7, which I'll be getting (hopefully) later today.

And I might be getting some more money tomorrow, when I see dad. Which will help with bills and stuff. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep tight.

Our trivia question of the day: Where does the expression "sleep tight" come from? Hint: It's not sexual.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Trivia answer: Certain extremely flatulent individuals would have their nether cheeks bound tightly together prior to sleeping in an attempt to prevent the escape of noxious gases.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
That's an...interesting bit of trivia. I'll try to remember that.

:e2yawn::e2yawn::e2yawn: I think I'm getting sleepy. The bed might be calling...

:e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz::e2zzz:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Most of you can't tell but I am posting this post using my new Dragon speak software. I won't ever have to use my fingers again

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of dragons . . . where's that night-sleeper?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I predict Syd will soon be posting sentence such as:

Your not going to believe this but their was a base ball game to night and the Mariners one.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like dragon speak to me...there's not even the mention of a cow in there. :Shrug:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably, at first AC. I guess it has to learn my speech patterns and frequently used words. It is weird, when I downloaded it asked to view all of my documents to try and learn how I use words...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess DragonSpeak is even nosier than Facebook.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I have that on my computer, not sure if it's Dragon speak, though. My brother showed it to me when he gave it to me, but I had to keep repeating words and still it would get it wrong...it might be the Texas accent...or maybe only Dragon Speak can translate dragons. :Shrug:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have that on my computer, not sure if it's Dragon speak, though. My brother showed it to me when he gave it to me, but I had to keep repeating words and still it would get it wrong...it might be the Texas accent...or maybe only Dragon Speak can translate dragons. :Shrug:

My computer came with an installed text-to-speech program. I turned it on one day and it didn't work that well. When you start up Dragon speak you set up a user profile and that's one of the questions it asks, if you have an accent. It is a little rocky right now, but I heard it would be as I learn it and it learns my speech.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
:D

In other news, I received a book in the mail today. "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I've read it once before (borrowed from the library) but wanted to read it again soon. Brilliantly funny book.

I was hoping to receive it before Christmas, but it doesn't matter if it's a few days late.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, it just goes all red. You have to say "All caps" then "CLIFF!"

Status
Not open for further replies.