Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
He said he'd be here at 8! *flails*

So, um, I have a question...

How long is this "non-date" going to continue being a "non-date?"

Is it going to be anything like my aunt who was 29 years old from about 1976 till about 1990?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
He said he'd be here at 8! *flails*

Oh my God, I've just spread out my entire collection of shrunken heads! *scoops heads into cask* And I haven't done my hair! *runs for krimper*

Oh, you mean he'll be there at 8. Not here.

Silly Fen. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only been on a few non dates, geeze.

Though apparently they were dates in disguise...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Men and their time management skills. He'll be here in 30. Maybe I should die of old age while I wait. I offer him food and he cant even rush here to see me.

Dire.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I just had a 70% dark chocolate Kit Kat. Imported from Canada.

It was quite fine.

I'm going to regret having the specialty chocolate shop near me, methinks.

Mmmmmm, dark chocolate.... :D:D

I am sooooo tired. Can't wait for Mr. Kricket to come home, make me dinner and then finish the rest of the cleaning. I am totally out of energy.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Men and their time management skills. He'll be here in 30. Maybe I should die of old age while I wait. I offer him food and he cant even rush here to see me.

Dire.

I'm sensing a bit of impatience here. Just a bit mind you. I'd be careful though. Showing impatience is a sign that you are leaving non-date territory and ... do you have your Indy Jones hat?

ETA: I'm just teasing. Go Fen. I'm a guy, if fed well, I'm happy*.

Well can be as simple as a full tummy, bonus points if tasty, extra bonus points if it looks good, super special bonus points if it is real food.

So, I think you will do quite well.

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Guys! I just relaunched a site! I don't know if you guys know of Jeff VanderMeer's book called Booklife, but there was an associated site, and he asked me if I wanted to take it over, and I said yes, and relaunch zomg.

It's here iff'n you're interested :heart:

Huzzah! Fab!

I read Booklife (the book) as part of my MFA. Good stuff, that.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
A B C D E F G
goat, girl, google goggles
G G G

I dunno, meter seems off to me.

Nesting has taken me over. I want to clean. I need to clean. I'm also in need of a nap, but that doesn't seem very important right now.

I remember those days. Hey, hold out a few more weeks, and our kids could share a birthday! :)

So how goes it y'all?
I made an offer on a house yesterday. Then I fretted and freaked and stressed until this afternoon, when they accepted it. Now I will fret and freak and stress AND pack like a mad fiend. Exciting times.

Current cat is Olaf (yes he is a Viking kitty) Likes to ninja you. <3s the lazer pointer and is mostly snuggly and cute still. He goes to the vet Friday to have his male parts removed

Don't worry, cats are almost always better once they've been edited. :)

We shall not discuss how many jobs I have found myself severed from because of my tendency to speak my mind.

Yep. Plus, at least here, relationships. Ah well!

Me: Incorrect. I said that we couldn't work on Friday because corporate is migrating servers and we won't have access to any systems.

Boss: Then we can take all the files out of file cabinet A, put them in boxes, take all the files out file cabinet B, put those in file cabinet A, then put the boxed files in file cabinet B. What do you think about that?

Hillz: carefully places padlocks on both file cabinets when no one is looking. If asked, explains Corporate is doing a drawer roller upgrade and there's currently no access. Suggests, if they don't understand what "no access" truly means, they go talk to the File-Information Technology staff, or the "F-IT" department for short.

No specifics, but I'll say I got a very cool phone call from NYC today.

Oooooh, congratuforwhatevers! :)

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, meter seems off to me.

What? Are you dissin on the Doctor? Suess, Dr. Suess. Who cares if the meter is off. It is fun to read. So there, :wag: .

This is one reason I love having a little one around. I get to read the fun stuff again and no one looks at me funny.

Though, I think it may be entertaining to be on the bus and pull out a Dr. Seuss book just for reading pleasure.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
You know, I'm not a huge Scotch guy.

no one noticed this? I am pretty sure you aren't a huge scotch guy, either, unless that isn't you in the pix on your blog!

I love your stories.

and I will miss them... I only hope her next place is as bat-shit crazy...

And then, there's this.

ah yes, I stored many a computer class program in BASIC on those!

No specifics, but I'll say I got a very cool phone call from NYC today.

oh, tease!!

congrats on all the good stuff - hugs for people with upsetting and/or bad stuff or kittehs that are misbehaving. ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anddd I need to move on from this non relationship. Blah.

Though guy was previously excited to bring me his sausage, he was not excited to see me by coming earlier in the evening. We talked about blah things. And when I said he could make it up to me (when he apologized again for being late) by taking me to the movies, say Thursday, he soon said he'd rather run off and go to the beach.

Yeahhh.

Lame.

Night folks.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Considering they are glorified typewriters in the age of flatscreen pads, yeah, I'd call them retro.

I mean, they date back to the 80's for pity's sake. That's *ancient* by today's tech.

:D

I dunno. In a lot of ways current interfaces for text communication seem like a step backwards. Until they nail haptic mechanisms for touch pads, I don't think there's any way that someone typing on a touch pad will be as fast as someone on a traditional keyboard.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have a cure for foot in mouth disease? I think I'm chewing on my knee about now.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:( Fen.

And in other news...

There are people who thought Titanic was just a movie. And are now *amazed* that it was a real event. :eek:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What? Are you dissin on the Doctor? Suess, Dr. Suess. Who cares if the meter is off. It is fun to read. So there, :wag:

Suess had meter. That was not Seussian.

Believe me, I know. I've written in Seussian - which is essentially Carrolian, as in Lewis Carrol - for long verses. It's not as easy as either of them makes it look.

Fun to do for a philosophy paper, though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are people who thought Titanic was just a movie. And are now *amazed* that it was a real event. :eek:

Why does this surprise you?

Things like this no longer surprise me. I expect them. I have grown that cynical.

Although, really, since my cynicism is often borne out, I would say merely that I have grown that realistic about the state of stupidity amongst my fellow human beings.

But I'd rather be called a cynic. Sounds cooler.

:cool:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And in completely unrelated to anything else news, in a fit of complete and utter insanity, I have, after years of being inactive, reactivated my Twitter account.

I blame all of you. Yes, you. You know who you are.

ETA: Despite blame, I shall likely be adding or following or whatever it is one does some of you shortly. Just so you can't say you weren't warned.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Anddd I need to move on from this non relationship. Blah.

Though guy was previously excited to bring me his sausage, he was not excited to see me by coming earlier in the evening. We talked about blah things. And when I said he could make it up to me (when he apologized again for being late) by taking me to the movies, say Thursday, he soon said he'd rather run off and go to the beach.

Yeahhh.

Lame.

Night folks.

This guy is an idiot. I mean, what is he, a passive aggressive dater? Fool. Again, I say, a pox upon him! The fool.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hey, I know it's like way early to ask this... but is anyone going to World Fantasy in Toronto this year?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Suess had meter. That was not Seussian.

Believe me, I know. I've written in Seussian - which is essentially Carrolian, as in Lewis Carrol - for long verses. It's not as easy as either of them makes it look.

Fun to do for a philosophy paper, though.

Before anyone digs a whole too deep. This is a quote from Dr. Suess's Alphabet book. I'll check it when I get home. I may have misquoted. In that case you will have abject apologies.

If I am right, I am gonna tease you all forever and ever and ever.

This guy is an idiot. I mean, what is he, a passive aggressive dater? Fool. Again, I say, a pox upon him! The fool.

Yeah, idiocy is a distinct possibility. However, it might be wise to give it a bit. There may have been something going on that kept him distracted, that does happen.

We can get the pitchforks and torches ready, just in case though.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers folks.

D, I have your site saved for future review.

And when is the con, Gina?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And when I said he could make it up to me (when he apologized again for being late) by taking me to the movies, say Thursday, he soon said he'd rather run off and go to the beach.

Maybe he just meant he'd rather take you to the beach than the movies.

:)

If not, take him to the beach anyway. And then feed him to the sharks.

shark.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.