Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've met Noam Chomsky. I don't remember much about him except that he really needed to get his teeth cleaned and that he liked boobs.

Maryn, who long ago danced in academia as a hanger-on

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
I've met Noam Chomsky...he liked boobs.
What a freak! :D

Now you've gone and made me think about Boobs A Lot—I mean the song! Dr. Demento used to play it all the time.

Okay, everyone fess up. Who among you sophisticates listened to Dr. Demento? That there was some highbrow entertainment!

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, "their" view of "us." Odd how many accept the role of sheep. It's a choice.

Ah, yes, my good friend Noam; I'd read this some time ago. Thanks for posting a link to it!

Ultimately, it goes to who controls mainstream media, and that can be summed up in three words: The High Cabal.

[FONT=&quot]Hmmmm. Have you seen the movie "Orwell rolls in his grave"? I haven't but I'm watching its parts on YouTube. So many things I didn't know.[/FONT]

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
I've met Noam Chomsky. I don't remember much about him except that he really needed to get his teeth cleaned and that he liked boobs.

Maryn, who long ago danced in academia as a hanger-on

[FONT=&quot]Liked boobs?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You were in great danger and you didn't even know. Those crazy philosophers have this constantly on their minds:[/FONT]

Principia Ethica said famously that “by far the most valuable things…are certain states of consciousness, which may roughly be described as the pleasures of human intercourse and the enjoyment of beautiful objects”
[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha! Mr. Maryn used to teach philosophy at the college level, and now The Kid is nearing the PhD in her daddy's field. I'm dooooooomed to weird conversation at the dinner table. (There's a reason Kid Two and I are getting pretty good at playing music on the crystal glassware we use on holidays.)

Okay, I really should be in the shower, since my critique group meets in a few hours, I worked out earlier, and ass-length hair takes a while to dry. Later, mi amigos!

Maryn, suddenly Spanish

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The doctor drained the swelling in my knee today. It feels better but I am worried it will just get swollen again. Ice, meds and exercise. Next is the dermotologist. Then new general practioner in April. I'll get there - I hope.

Your knee is still swelling? Yikes. Sorry to hear that Sass. I remember my knees after the car accident a couple years ago. The swelling took forever to go down (I think it was almost a year?) and my right knee still has some permanent swelling due to scar tissue that built up. It just never healed right.

But I was bad about keeping up on the ice, and compression due to the injured tailbone which made it hard for me to tend to my knee as much as I should. Keep up the ice and compression, if you can. I wish I had.

Hahaha! Mr. Maryn used to teach philosophy at the college level, and now The Kid is nearing the PhD in her daddy's field. I'm dooooooomed to weird conversation at the dinner table. (There's a reason Kid Two and I are getting pretty good at playing music on the crystal glassware we use on holidays.)

Okay, I really should be in the shower, since my critique group meets in a few hours, I worked out earlier, and ass-length hair takes a while to dry. Later, mi amigos!

Maryn, suddenly Spanish

Speaking of critique groups (have a good one Maryn)...I went to my second writers' meetup last night. It was good. There were seven of us. I've let enough folks who aren't related to me listen/read my writing now, and so far, it's all been positive feedback. So, I'm starting to think I might actually have some kind of knack for writing after all. At least, a little bit. That really helps motivate me.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember long hair. I had it until I was sixteen but cut it because I got tired of having it pulled.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Hi House!
I'm just checking in. I missed quite a bit, yeah? Glad to see the new people-welcome, welcome.

Bangkok is pretty much the same. Work is going well. The little girl I take care of, Nadia, has really taken to me and is becoming more confident and extroverted. Very proud Nanny moment(s).

Today was my birthday so I went exploring a little bit. That was fun. I went and saw a movie (The Hunger Games) and was just crackin' up at the trailers (thai movies) I would share them with you if I could. I couldn't understand them but they had me curled up in my seat laughing. One, in particular, involved some drag queens and hi-jinks were aplenty.

I'd like to check in more but someone (*cough, cough*, Russ) has this habit of absorbing my time. It's okay, I kinda like him.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Pandora! I guess we're okay with Russ occupying your online time. Just think of us when and if you have insomnia.

Yes, it is a fine foil hat, Sassy. I wish I liked the rest of the picture, but I really only like the hat. I should put on makeup and get a face lift before I drink.

Maryn, who was quite looped at the time

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is well Pandora.

I'm trying to figure out what type of foil hat that is. Cat Woman? (little "ears" on top?)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Kid got crafty when we had baked potatoes, as I recall. She made us each a hat, but mine was the best. I love the little ears, and the widow's peak.

I wonder if she'd make me another one, and this time I'll lay on the eyeliner.

Maryn, who looks old and tired in that photo

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Maryn, I love your avatar. I think I got a crush on you now! And with a teenager in my heart I am going to fall in love with you.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's funny how much positive feedback I'm getting from it. Wouldn't it be great if a bunch of people made themselves foil-hats and got their pictures taken for avatars?

Maryn, watching basketball halfheartedly

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if a bunch of people made themselves foil-hats and got their pictures taken for avatars?
Great idea! We can start a movement. And what good is a movement without an official theme song? (You really otter listen.)

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen the movie "Orwell rolls in his grave"?
I haven't seen that, but I'll be sure to check it out. It should go well with my tinfoil hat and theme song.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, House-heads. What's happening this weekend?

I hope to do a couple of critiques in my genre. I've been lax. There's also a chance I'll clean the family room, but don't hold your breath. Since one or more people spend the evening there most nights, it tends to collect reading material, nail polish, Popsicle sticks, empty plates and half-full glasses, wine bottles, etc. And dust.

Maryn, not a great housekeeper

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
This weekend? So far, longtime family friend died, cat dying, installed more RAM, installed new software, staring at blank first page of another chapter of Charlotte...I think that's quite enough for a Saturday morning.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about the family friend and the cat. I've put down my share of kitties, knowing that I could at least spare them the suffering my human family can't escape unless we move to Oregon.

(I've given the kids standing orders to end it if they agree I suffer and if it's 100% certain they can get away with it. Can't hurt to make my wishes clear, right?)

We did five miles this morning, learning to my chagrin that the county parks department has not opened the restrooms despite the balmy weather. Alas, I need coffee to feel energetic enough to walk, but then I have to pee. What you gonna do?

Anyway, I'm glad that's all the excitement I've had.

Maryn, still not showered

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Russ. Had to put ours down a couple years ago. She was 18. I don't think I've ever seen my brother cry that hard since he was a kid. (She was his baby)

Was supposed to go to the park today for a walk but now it's chilly and rainy. Decided to stay in and catch up on writing and movies (and making foil hats) instead.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I'm getting old enough where warm weather hats are inevitable, and tinfoil under a hot sun sounds uncomfortable. Maybe in the winter.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mario, Mr. Maryn was somewhat crushed to realize he needs a hat in summer not only so its brim or bill can protect his face but because his hair's thinning on top. Poor baby.

We watched basketball, then "The Long Walk Home." It would have been a good double-bill with "The Help." I can't help wondering if Sissy Spacek was cast in the latter because of her presence in the former, as a kind of nod to it.

Maryn, movie lover

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pandora, the film is just awesome, isn't it? Actually, I think watching Frozen Planet mid-August, armed with frozen margaritas, might be a really good drinking game. Every time you say "Wow!" you have to drink.

Maryn, glad you enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.