Cursor Won't Go Where I Want It To!! [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Best Place In The World...Absolute Write!!
Hey

I am in the same computer I wrote you guys from last night, the borrowed one, and for 2 hours now, the cursor is all over the place except where I want it to go. I've been fighting with it and it's aggravating. I am worried. This worries me. Any advice for this aggravating problem?

Sincerely
Magali.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mouse or touchpad? If a mouse, clean the bottom of the mouse and be sure you're on a good surface.

Reaction score
The Best Place In The World...Absolute Write!!
Oh, I am sorry I didn't go into specifics.

Ok, this is a Dell Lattitude laptop with a touch pad. It has Windows XP Professional installed on it and the hard drive is 20 GB. I have no idea how much RAM it has. Every time I try to click on something or point on the blank space to write something, the cursor goes somewhere else, and I have to fight to get it to go where I want to. I also don't know what size the computer is, if it's a 12" or a 14".

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting?

Bookmama

Registered
Reaction score
I would try two things. Rebooting the computer and secondly using a mouse. If the mouse works, then obviously the touchpad is the problem. I do have a work laptop that periodically goes into wacko cursor mode, scrolling uncontrollably. It happens rarely, so I haven't tried to make them give me a new laptop -- thinking no one will believe that this is happening when I can't make it happen all the time. Usually when it happens, if I restart my laptop, the problem goes away.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

I have a laptop with a touchpad. It was the touchpad that was the problem. My husband said it is just not working anymore. The cursor was all over the place and everything was going blue.

So I had to attach a mouse to my laptop and now everything is fine. I just don't use the touchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.