XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!~

Finished my novel earlier tonight. As usual, I find myself mildly depressed after the fact. Not sure why that happens, but I'm always better the next day.

Yes, I get this too.

It's a couple of things. You've had this drive, this purpose, for weeks or months, and then suddenly you don't. Plus, yeah, you've been on this amazing journey both of creating and living alongside the characters, and then it's over and you're just sitting around your own, smaller life wondering WTF just happened. Or, anyway, that's sort of how it works for me.

Yesssss...this mixed with the elation that Bettie and CM mentioned. It's an odd swirl of emotion and exhaustion.

Weird... I am incredibly elated upon completion of a novel. I sort of float above my chair for several hours. I only get sad when I realize I have no one in my life to tell except for online folks. At least no one who really gets excited for me. Except for online folks.

Hey now, we're real people too. :) :Hug2:

Anytime I complete something, I react like this guy.*

*fast forward to the 1:28 mark for undistilled, liquid epicness

I will pay you a shiny nickel to tape yourself doing that and post it to the cantina. :ROFL:

Good morning! I have been doing the healthy thing and going to the fitness center almost every day during lunch at work. I'm hoping to lose some weight/tone up.

That's awesome!!! Good for you.

So how's it going?

Well like you, my hubby is home today. Unlike you, I forgot he was working from home. So when I heard water running in the kitchen this morning I peeked around the corner with 911 ready to dial in my hand. In my underwear no less, which would undoubtedly been the worst way ever to confront a thief. Even one polite enough to rinse his dishes.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will pay you a shiny nickel to tape yourself doing that and post it to the cantina. :ROFL:

Madam! I would never DREAM of charging money! Like my heart, my skills on the dance floor, though worth far more than a nickel, are meant to be shared with The Universe for free!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Kricket... sounds like the perfect time to write. :D

As nice as that sounds, it requires a brain and I don't currently own one. All I'd be able to write right now is stuff about babies and that would not go well in either of my WIPs.

Well like you, my hubby is home today. Unlike you, I forgot he was working from home. So when I heard water running in the kitchen this morning I peeked around the corner with 911 ready to dial in my hand. In my underwear no less, which would undoubtedly been the worst way ever to confront a thief. Even one polite enough to rinse his dishes.

:ROFL:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

That's actually a cute snippet of life. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Tiff, I love this so much! With your permission, I'm stealing the whole thing to put in the space pirates story. it's just too priceless to lose!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
BTW: I just bought Banshee Charmer AND Don't Bite the Messenger. they were on my list, but I had reasons why I couldn't get them straight away. Planning on reading them tonight.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Madam! I would never DREAM of charging money! Like my heart, my skills on the dance floor, though worth far more than a nickel, are meant to be shared with The Universe for free!

:roll:

That's actually a cute snippet of life. :)

The fat cat I was counting on for backup made it all the more silly.

Tiff, I love this so much! With your permission, I'm stealing the whole thing to put in the space pirates story. it's just too priceless to lose!

Go for it! Sadly, it's the only way a snippet of my otherwise boring life will end up in something so awesome as a space pirate story. :D

BTW: I just bought Banshee Charmer AND Don't Bite the Messenger. they were on my list, but I had reasons why I couldn't get them straight away. Planning on reading them tonight.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Oh thank you! Hope you enjoy them!~ :D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
How is everyone?

Hillz, how close are you to new job? Is there a T-minus countdown?

I'm contemplating taking Krav Maga classes. For book research. And general zombie apocalypse preparedness.

I'm batting a thousand for batshit craziness today.

T-minus too much! Tomorrow is my last day, but the systems will be off-line so we won't be able to do anything. But I still have to show up. :crazy:

Is that the Israeli close quarters hand-to-hand? If so, do eet!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I'm batting a thousand for batshit craziness today.

T-minus too much! Tomorrow is my last day, but the systems will be off-line so we won't be able to do anything. But I still have to show up. :crazy:

Is that the Israeli close quarters hand-to-hand? If so, do eet!

One more day! One more day!

Yes, it's the street fighting-focused hand-to-hand combat fighting -- focused on disarming and counter attacks. I just wish I could get someone to go with me. Husband thinks it's a good idea, but doesn't have time to go with. The jerk.

Um, want to come to Texas?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening Cantina. I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news... The Plague Years will not be submitted to the Angry Robot/Strange Chemistry open fortnight later this month. I'm only a quarter way through and with the fate of one character to be decided and with some worldbuilding issues - not to mention some 20,000 words I need to extend the rough draft by - it simply wouldn't be wise to submit even the opening I have with the rest of the novel in the state it's in. I started too late, and the fact that I've been sleeping badly for the last month or so - waking up in the early hours of the morning and not being able to get back to sleep, for example - has not helped. I don't know why that is - I'm not under any more stress than I usually am. However, once I'd decided that I wouldn't make the end of this month, I slept quite well last night. Funny, that.

So, I will continue to rewrite, get it beta-ed (thanks to those who agreed in principle to beta) and go back to the normal method of subbing to agents when it's ready. (Or maybe pitch to AR at Fantasycon, in October...?)

The good news is that the 900-word horror short-short I wrote back in January has been accepted by the anthology I wrote it for and submitted it to, namely Nasty Snips II, out as an ebook in October.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did someone say Ballista practice?

Ooh ooh ooh! Stanley Ford (you remember him) just messaged me to say I can come over and pick up the FIVE OR SIX LILAC PLANTS he has for me!!!!

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Sweet :)

In new news, a colleage (how the hell do u spell that word) knew another vet who was single and mentioned him when I ranted about Dr. Guy's behavior. Vet Guy called me today and we talked for almost an hour. He's interesting and we have a fair amount in common. He's a bit quirky but so am I, so hopefully things work out :) We are going to see Hunger Games on Saturday.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS on the sale, Eye!!!

:hooray:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenika. And talking of future story ideas, you have mail. ;)

And hope Saturday works out.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that :) Now you have mail!

And cheers re Saturday.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Huzzah on the sale, eye!

I've been thinking about submitting to AR's open month... but I may hold off. I can actually submit to AR outside of the open month, as one of their authors was my mentor and pretty much told me to sub my MFA thesis to them... which they allow (i.e., it's a referral.)

And yes, I did say Ballista practice. :D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for the sale, eye!

In new news, a colleage (how the hell do u spell that word) knew another vet who was single and mentioned him when I ranted about Dr. Guy's behavior. Vet Guy called me today and we talked for almost an hour. He's interesting and we have a fair amount in common. He's a bit quirky but so am I, so hopefully things work out :) We are going to see Hunger Games on Saturday.

I believe the spelling you are looking for is "collagen". *nods*

Good luck!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
The good news is that the 900-word horror short-short I wrote back in January has been accepted by the anthology I wrote it for and submitted it to, namely Nasty Snips II, out as an ebook in October.

Congratulations! Keep plugging away on the novel and I'm sure that it'll become a good news category tale soon enough. ;)

He's a bit quirky but so am I, so hopefully things work out :) We are going to see Hunger Games on Saturday.

Oh have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.