Star Wars: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
There is a difference between adaption and plagiarism, even if the adaption makes no attempt to hide what its source material is.

Anjasa

Fantasy Smut? Yes please!
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, finally caved and ended up getting a copy for myself and my partner.

It's refreshing roleplaying again, I must say :D

What server is everyone on? Any other roleplayers up in here?

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I've spent most of my playtime since release hopping from one class to the next, and for now, I've settled on playing a smuggler. Now if only I could get off of Coruscant and t a different planet.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Coruscant is of the devil. SO much running around. Trust me, it's better to go with an agent and come to Dromund Kaas. The dark side is calling you Kyra! ;-)

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I want to play so badly, but I'm on a Mac, and it appears they have no plans to release a Mac client. I could run it via Bootcamp, but that means spending between $100-185 for a copy of Windows 7, another $50 for the game, and then the monthly fees. It's a big investment for one game at this point. I may just wait until I get a gaming PC.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
Ah the poor reporting on games and the hypocrisy of news agencies, will we ever tire of it?
Yes. Yes we will.

Disappointed that CVG doesn't note that Vette only belongs to Sith Warriors. Inquisitors get the companion that wants to eat them.
I hope BW doesn't cave and remove the shock collar. I just started a Sith Warrior, and I'm looking forward to shocking the hell out of Vette.

Coruscant is of the devil. SO much running around. Trust me, it's better to go with an agent and come to Dromund Kaas. The dark side is calling you Kyra! ;-)
I hate to make the comparison, but Coruscant reminds me of vanilla WoW- a lot of running back and forth to complete quest chains. For such a large place, Coruscant sure is boring (your mileage may vary, of course, but I've been bored to tears).

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to make the comparison, but Coruscant reminds me of vanilla WoW- a lot of running back and forth to complete quest chains. For such a large place, Coruscant sure is boring (your mileage may vary, of course, but I've been bored to tears).

You can tell that Tython and Coruscant were some of the early zones. They're not nearly as streamlined as Korriban or Dromund Kaas.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Bwahahahhaa: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

I'll make one thing clear: I am a fan of F2P business models. I don't consider them to be the last-ditch effort to save a dying game, nor do I consider them a hallmark of inferior games.

BUT!

This F2P matrix is just silly. The purpose of Free is to get more population, acquire funds through microtransactions, and generally keep the game in the public eye. Limiting character creation, warzones, and flashpoints are NOT the way to do that. I mean, really, where do you need people the most? Group content. What's the group content in SWTOR? Warzones and flashpoints. Derp herpy-derp derp.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Bwahahahhaa: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

I'll make one thing clear: I am a fan of F2P business models. I don't consider them to be the last-ditch effort to save a dying game, nor do I consider them a hallmark of inferior games.

BUT!

This F2P matrix is just silly. The purpose of Free is to get more population, acquire funds through microtransactions, and generally keep the game in the public eye. Limiting character creation, warzones, and flashpoints are NOT the way to do that. I mean, really, where do you need people the most? Group content. What's the group content in SWTOR? Warzones and flashpoints. Derp herpy-derp derp.

They can't admit defeat TOO soon. Sigh...I wish Star Wars Galaxies had gone F2P. The space content was worth it alone. And it wasn't on fucking RAILS.

OC-138

Registered
Reaction score
I played this for a couple of months, it got a bit boring so I gave it up. Might give it another look now that it is FTP.

WoW held my interest for 7 years, I guess it goes to show the difference.

JadeKnight

I played during the free trial and got up to Level 16, which was as far as I could go. Some of it was fun and interesting. I like the dialogue system, but eventually got bored and some of the other classes have many of the same quests and tasks. Never went back to it *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.