Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once had glow in the dark nail polish but no one saw it glow but me so I made my mom go in the bathroom with me and turned off the light so at least one other person would see it. Later, the bottle would catch the corner of my eye in my room at night - WTF! oh it's that stupid nail polish.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have two glow-in-the-dark skull magnets on the refrigerator. I like them, partly for what they are and partly because they keep me from bashing into the edge of the fridge when I've turned off the lights.

Maryn, who values her face and has hit it there more than once

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
what up dawgs??!?!???!!! I am taking my husband's car to get an oil change, because it just happens to be next to a Starbucks. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, tough break for you! It's quite warm here today--so much so that I didn't argue when Mr. Maryn proposed that we turn the AC on. (I'm Ms. Natural, preferring fans and windows open.) We got out early to walk our miles, but I'm still all red-faced and wiped out from the heat.

I took off my amazing green nail polish; the nails that were detaching from being too wet during hours of wallpaper backing removal are no worse, so I guess it protected them while looking awesome. Tonight I shall redo them in a different weird color. (The Kid teases me for owning 'old lady' colors and--gasp!--one pink.) I'm thinking dark blue.

What are people doing for Father's Day (in the US, anyway)? The Kid and Mr. Maryn are going hiking, some place more challenging than I can handle. I haven't told either of them that while they're away, I'm making a pecan pie and real whipped cream.

Maryn, fattening them up before devouring them

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd stop in here and clear something up. Someone asked in a rep point if my newly jobless state meant I'd have to give up the reunion, and the answer is absolutely NOT!

It's non-negotiable--I'll be there! My ex is actually paying the shot, as it's my 50th birthday this August.

As for Father's day, DD is cooking something to fatten him up, so I'm off the hook.

Ruth, who will never have to work Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, or Mother's Day ever again (she hopes...)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good. I was afraid to ask, not wanting to make you feel even worse about things.

I have now unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, showered, and agreed to beta a novel. I may not be writing a lot, but I do keep busy!

Maryn, glad plans haven't tanked

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am SO looking forward to Oct. I am glad Ruth will be there. :)

I took the car in, he said it would be a while, and I said it was fine I brought my book and was going to Starbucks. When I was good and finished I walked back it was ready. perfect.

My husband's friend is here so We're watching Alice in Wonderland - the new one with Johnny Depp- which we just watched the other day so I decided to see what was up in here. :)

Oh- for father's day I mailed my dad a card and a hat and will call him. We're going to take my FIL out to eat but I am not sure when.
Sass- who also had a nap today.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
We're going out to eat with my FIL tomorrow, but I have a feeling he'll end up treating like he always does. We haven't gotten him a gift yet, since Mr. Grr is out of town until tomorrow afternoon. He's a last minute kind of guy. And my new rule is that I don't care how last minute it is. If it's for his family, he has to deal with it. If that means he spends birthday mornings and Christmas Eve running all over the place, that's his fault. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, House.

I now have blue fingernails and toenails. Yesterday afternoon The Kid was melting (it neared 90, with similar humidity) and asked if she could hide out in our AC, so we made a lovely pizza and manicured ourselves to perfection.

This morning's email included a return of my novel from a beta, so I'll probably spend at least some of today reading what she had so say. This is one whose input I especially value, somebody who 'gets it.'

Maryn, who'll refill her coffee and get to that pretty soon

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, 24 hours of silence. Hope you all enjoyed the tranquility, brought to you by Ray's House of Love, your one-stop shop for all things silly.

Maryn, sipping coffee

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
I think we were all trying not to melt yesterday. I was, anyway. I went to my aunt's to go swimming for a few hours yesterday and it was just insanely hot. Thank heavens for SPF 45 sunblock, that's all I can say. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, world. I spent much of yesterday afternoon weighing the concerns of a particularly insightful beta reader. Now I'm making many small changes, each of which addresses a valid weakness.

Maryn, who lovers her some betas

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hola! well, while I am still tired- I can tell I am feeling better. I woke up at 4am and thought, "If I don't fall back asleep in 10 minutes, I'm going to get up and do yoga." I fell back asleep, but I took that as a sign that I am not completely exhausted anymore. And I've been doing things after work like sweeping the living room.

Maryn, glad you had good feed back. I always felt good feed back makes you go, "That's IT!!"

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I wonder if I should do a sleep study. My dad has apnea and I know I snore like a demon at night. Perhaps I would feel more rested and productive during the day.

Of course, I am getting to the point in pregnancy where things start squishing the diaphragm and lungs, making it hard to breathe well anyway.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of snoring problems can be stopped by the old tennis-ball-in-a-temporary-pocket-on-the-back-of-your-jammies trick, which gets you accustomed to sleeping on your side or tummy (when you're not pregnant). Mr. Maryn self-trained not to lie on his back in less than two weeks and retained it for years.

Of course, now he's reverted and refuses to do it again.

Maryn, whose sleep is often disturbed of late

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my problem is hip pain, so I can only sleep on one side, then that side gets sore and I end up on my back. So with the CPAP I can sleep on my back and still get rest.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, getting some rest is the name of the game, yes?

Maryn, struggling with Excel

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
my problem is hip pain, so I can only sleep on one side, then that side gets sore and I end up on my back. So with the CPAP I can sleep on my back and still get rest.

Might try some quercetin, in case it's sciatic pain...and don't bend your knees while sleeping.

-Westie, who excels at struggling

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How interesting. Someone just PMed me an apology for being an ass here at AW, instead of slinking away never to return. His/Her insults to me and others were pretty nasty, and I don't know that I'd have been able to face those people again with my hat in hand.

Good for him/her, huh?

Maryn, who woke with a headache

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.
Sass - I'm glad you're getting some more rest. That zombie feeling one gets without enough rest is awful. I can't stand it. I have random bouts of insomnia that knock me on my ass several times a year, so I know how awful it is. Good news that the machine is helping.

Swest - those shoes in your avatar are too cute! I covet them.

Maryn - I think that may be a first. I've never heard of anyone actually apologizing for being an ass on any message board. I hope that he/she takes a lesson from it. No one likes a forum jerk. :)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Might try some quercetin, in case it's sciatic pain...and don't bend your knees while sleeping.

-Westie, who excels at struggling
what is quercetin and what is - oh I thought it said static---- never mind....not that I know what sciatic is either but I'll google it.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ok that's not it. I have bursitis in my left hip so it is painful to lay on that side. over several years of only sleeping on my right side, my right side is starting to rebel.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Swest - those shoes in your avatar are too cute! I covet them.

I'd send them to you, but they'd hurt your feet, and I'm not that kind of gal. Run away from the Evil Shoes! :)

Maryn, who woke with a headache

Holding Good Thoughts for detente, and sympathizing with yer noggin. There's stinky weather bearing down on you soon, I think.

what is quercetin and what is - oh I thought it said static---- never mind....not that I know what sciatic is either but I'll google it.

LOL Yer sciatic(s) are the large nerves that run from the lumbar spine down to your feet. People with sciatic pinch feel a variety of pains when their legs are still, and in particular, bent. Sitting, lying down, etc.. Anything from hip pain to butt pain to leg pain to foot pain, tingling, numbness, blah blah.

Quercetin is an antioxidant that can really help with this kind of nerve ping.

But keeping the legs straight at the knees prevents the strain. Do not point your toes while sleeping (walk like an Egyptian in your sleep). Pain can be relieved by stretching the entire leg while flexing the toes back toward the shins. Don't sit or lie down for extended periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.