AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Walks in, jacket and newspaper in hand. Pours a coffee and sits at the bar. Opens newspaper.*

Mornin' everyone.

*Grimaces at the dust on the bar.* I guess the trolls are on vacation or something.

*Takes a sip of coffee. Continues reading newspaper.*

How is everyone doing today?

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Ok it's been a rough rough week.......between the sky is falling at work, my writer's block, the (figurative) tornado (ten year old boy) hitting my living room, dining room and entry way in my house then skipping hallway and hitting bedrooms leaving a mess in his wake of first week off from school and my husband that is still off work and lazy as usual; just leave a bottle of jack or jim and a glass of ice and keep it coming. I do miss you all and hi to the newbies. I promise to be back to my cheerful self maybe by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Cheers

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WOO HOO! I have crossed 50 posts! I'm surprised as. I didn't think that I had posted that much yet.

Hi all! Welcome Rose, and everyone else who is new like me!

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
hey ducky xD
Hiya! Long time no see! :D :Hug2:

Dropped in to say hi to some golden oldies and to empty out the secret stash and the secret, secret stash.

*disappears into the night*
Leave the bacon swizzle sticks!!

Ok it's been a rough rough week.......between the sky is falling at work, my writer's block, the (figurative) tornado (ten year old boy) hitting my living room, dining room and entry way in my house then skipping hallway and hitting bedrooms leaving a mess in his wake of first week off from school and my husband that is still off work and lazy as usual; just leave a bottle of jack or jim and a glass of ice and keep it coming. I do miss you all and hi to the newbies. I promise to be back to my cheerful self maybe by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Cheers
*leaves bottle of jack and bottle of cola*

:Hug2:
My head hurt just starting to read that so I quit before it got too bad.
It looked like my pharmacology homework, so I treated it the same by avoiding it altogether. :greenie:

elliecam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi from the Outer Reaches of the Universe

Hi all, I'm new to AW. Erin from the Word Nerds sent me over to have a look around. So far so good!

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Walks in, covered in sweat, T-shirt drenched. Fans himself with his newspaper.*

Whew, man! It is hot out there today!

*Drops his newspaper on the bar and walks to the trans-dimensional A/C unit. Turns the knob on the front to the Ice Planet dimension, and smiles as a stream of cold air envelops him.*

*Walks behind bar and pours a large iced coffee. Adds a few shots of liquid sugar and pours in milk until the mixture is light beige. Sits down at bar, opens newspaper, and takes a sip.*

How is everyone today?

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to AW. Erin from the Word Nerds sent me over to have a look around. So far so good!

Hi Newb here, love the idea of this thread!

WOO HOO! I have crossed 50 posts! I'm surprised as. I didn't think that I had posted that much yet.

Hi all! Welcome Rose, and everyone else who is new like me!

Hi guys! I'm also new. Well....sort of "Schrodinger's newbie" if you will. I'm new and old at the same time. :D

Also, if you see a gold-plated table lying around here somewhere, please let me know.

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but there was this recession thing.
I hope you understand.
Well that's a shame. :(

That table was given to me by tiddlywinks, at the end of the Pubber Wars. When the armies of Steam and Glitter ceased hostilities and ushered in a new era of peace in the Pub. There was a dance floor and a disco ball and everything.

Besides, if people wanted gold, I put a Supernova Engine in the back room. All you had to do was start it up and set off a few supernovas, and you would've been swimming in newly formed gold. But sentimental value...that's one thing you can't make in the fiery heart of an exploding star. :cry:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that table. It's in the back, under the ping pong.

I could use a supernova. Julia, Nora, BU, Ultra or Automatica?

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Walks in, covered in sweat, T-shirt drenched. Fans himself with his newspaper.*

Whew, man! It is hot out there today!

*Drops his newspaper on the bar and walks to the trans-dimensional A/C unit. Turns the knob on the front to the Ice Planet dimension, and smiles as a stream of cold air envelops him.*

*Walks behind bar and pours a large iced coffee. Adds a few shots of liquid sugar and pours in milk until the mixture is light beige. Sits down at bar, opens newspaper, and takes a sip.*

How is everyone today?

Totally enjoying the ice planet setting. Wishing I could transport some of that cool back here!

Doing pretty good. Avoiding real life work at the moment. But I can't delay that tooo much longer :(

*LOVED* that intro!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Supernova? Interesting. Why couldn't I have found this place sooner.

Now I just need to remember what I wanted with a supernova. Wanders off muttering to himself.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*pushes up trapdoor in cloud of dust and glitter*
*coughs*
*bangs head on bar stool and falls back down ladder*

Dang it.

Hi guys! I'm also new. Well....sort of "Schrodinger's newbie" if you will. I'm new and old at the same time. :D

Also, if you see a gold-plated table lying around here somewhere, please let me know.

Oh...so you think you can just waltz back in and have teh shiney precioussss, eh?

*pets mysterious section of wall that looks like it might hold a murphy bed*

Well that's a shame. :(

That table was given to me by tiddlywinks, at the end of the Pubber Wars. When the armies of Steam and Glitter ceased hostilities and ushered in a new era of peace in the Pub. There was a dance floor and a disco ball and everything.
But sentimental value...that's one thing you can't make in the fiery heart of an exploding star. :cry:

D'aw...fine. FINE!

*pulls lever, swings gold plated table out into pub*
*polishes a speck of dust*
*adds "Welcome back, not-newbie" sign in the Peanut Butter M&M bowl in the middle*

*tries to go back down the trapdoor and realizes she swung the golden table on it again*

Dang it.

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, new peeps! :hi:

Oh, that table. It's in the back, under the ping pong.
Does that mean you know where the disco ball went, too? 'Cuz if we don't have one, I'm going on a quest to find us one. ;)

*pushes up trapdoor in cloud of dust and glitter*

*adds "Welcome back, not-newbie" sign in the Peanut Butter M&M bowl in the middle*
*quickly gets out of the glitter cloud's way* *adds a much smaller cloud of fluff and feathers to the mix*

:)

Speaking of M&Ms, has anyone had the new caramel ones? They're uh-mazing.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
You should ask Tiddly.

I'm thinking she's more familiar with where balls are kept than I am.

:rant:

(Also, it's under the far side of the bar in the troll water. It might be a little shriveled looking.)

coffee M&Ms? Oooh! I want to try those! Where can I find them? I bet they are a regional test. *pout*

WHERE ARE THESE COFFEE M&Ms OF WHICH YOU SPEAKETH??

Status
Not open for further replies.