XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I just don't want to push the wrong button. I can deal with folks being angry at me, but, I'm a wimp when it comes to hurting peoples feelings for realz.

ETA: Is this welcome back? Or, Are you having fun, yet?

The other thing you have to realize is that, no matter what you say, some people may take offense. Be honest and try to be constructive.

I'm rarely truly on vacation. Working now.

:rant:

It's supposed to freeze.

I lack enough indoor window shelf space.

I now need to buy shelving.

Where was winter when I *wanted* it???

... that is all. I'm done now.

:e2yawn:

Winter. Such an ugly word. :(

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:rant:

It's supposed to freeze.

I lack enough indoor window shelf space.

I now need to buy shelving.

Where was winter when I *wanted* it???

... that is all. I'm done now.

:e2yawn:

I hear you. Two days ago, it was in the 80s. Tomorrow, it won't get to 50 and we have a hard freeze warning. :cry:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score

I'm still trying to figure out how

"It's supposed to freeze."

and

"I lack enough indoor window shelf space"

are related.

Unless of course you lack a freezer and are using the window shelve things to freeze those inconvenient body parts. But that doesn't seem very efficient. Nor, would it be wise, since anyone passing by would see human thighs in your window, people frown on such things.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rarely truly on vacation. Working now.

...I'm so sorry....

I'm still trying to figure out how

"It's supposed to freeze."

and

"I lack enough indoor window shelf space"

are related.

Unless of course you lack a freezer and are using the window shelve things to freeze those inconvenient body parts. But that doesn't seem very efficient. Nor, would it be wise, since anyone passing by would see human thighs in your window, people frown on such things.

I'm hoping it's for outdoor plants rather than human body parts. But with Bos...you never know.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Add me to the PA freak weather complaint club. Most my plants wont mind some reduced sun and I have the plant light, but I also have a Blueberry that cant come in.

Stupid freeze.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello people that are up when I should be asleep.

Little Kricket has been up off and on for a couple hours. Mr. Kricket tried to get him back to bed without success and now it's my turn. I think I've got him to stay down, but now I'm awake and achy.

*looks around quiet Cantia*

So what do y'all do in here all night?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do in fact sleep for part of the night. But now I'm up and realizing 2L of water is not enough for today. Dire.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Hello people that are up when I should be asleep.

Little Kricket has been up off and on for a couple hours. Mr. Kricket tried to get him back to bed without success and now it's my turn. I think I've got him to stay down, but now I'm awake and achy.

*looks around quiet Cantia*

So what do y'all do in here all night?

I usually sit around a couple hours waiting for someone to show up. Sometimes I go to other threads and make a pest of myself. Today for example, I went to the introduce yourself forum and threatened to eat newbies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I usually sit around a couple hours waiting for someone to show up. Sometimes I go to other threads and make a pest of myself. Today for example, I went to the introduce yourself forum and threatened to eat newbies.

Shame on you! Don't eat newbies, Debio! They cause tooth decay.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
When I was a newbie, absolutely no one replied to my post in the cafe there. That's why I ended up here - with my grudge intact - I'm not going back there again. You can't make me.

I have returned from the acquisition of renovation and decorating supplies, despite the bank trying to trip me up online this morning by refusing to verify my payment through it's security system. What a brilliant way to make you save money. Such consideration.

I never have that problem with Amazon. I told you I should have bought £100 worth of books.

Is there tea?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a newbie, absolutely no one replied to my post in the cafe there. That's why I ended up here - with my grudge intact - I'm not going back there again. You can't make me.

The few times I've ventured into SYW, I've been fully armored and had an emergency evac team on 5 minute alert.

That said, it can be pretty useful, especially for the "outside eyes".

But I likes (and trusts) me betas waaaaaaay more....

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
And floss. Never forget to floss.

Okay, floss is now in my pack, just in case.

I have returned from the acquisition of renovation and decorating supplies, despite the bank trying to trip me up online this morning by refusing to verify my payment through it's security system. What a brilliant way to make you save money. Such consideration.

I never have that problem with Amazon. I told you I should have bought £100 worth of books.

Is there tea?

Keep your grudge. I like all parts of you. I don't go over there often enough, I don't want worthwhile people to not like us. You know, like yourself.

I won't eat the newbies, I like to know what I'm eating first. I have had bad experiences with "here, eat this, no, never mind what it is, just try it. Then, I'll tell you what it is."

I like to wait a while to see if they are newbie assholes or newbie sweetie pies. Assholes don't taste good. Sweetie pies do. I let them keep their writing hand, both hands if they type.

Would you feel better if I threaten to eat you? I got some nice sea salt and really good pepper corn for the grinder. Add a little lemon when the broiling is done...

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Add me to the PA freak weather complaint club. Most my plants wont mind some reduced sun and I have the plant light, but I also have a Blueberry that cant come in.

Stupid freeze.

My potted blueberry lives outside all year round. They're pretty hearty, even in bloom. It should be fine.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Would you feel better if I threaten to eat you? I got some nice sea salt and really good pepper corn for the grinder. Add a little lemon when the broiling is done...

Well, I'm probably past my best before date by now to be honest. The thing that got me was that it was the newbie forum and no one wanted to speak to me. the cantina is much nicer than that.

Lunch time for me.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm probably past my best before date by now to be honest. The thing that got me was that it was the newbie forum and no one wanted to speak to me. the cantina is much nicer than that.

Lunch time for me.

This is no joke. The Cantina is a very nice to hang. The people are good, the food is good, the atmosphere is good, if you can avoid the Kraken.

Enjoy your lunch.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
The few times I've ventured into SYW, I've been fully armored and had an emergency evac team on 5 minute alert.

That said, it can be pretty useful, especially for the "outside eyes".

But I likes (and trusts) me betas waaaaaaay more....

Yeah, I should go about looking for a few betas. First, I'd feel more comfortable having an actual conversation about what works and what doesn't and what I can do to make it work.

Second, with actual betas waiting around for me to write something, it might encourage me to write more.

Any suggestions on finding such? Besides just posting a "looking for Betas" thing?

As for posting in SYW. I teach spoiled, rich 14 year old boarding school students. Everything I've seen in SYW is pretty tame compared to what I deal with most days. :D.

It helps that I am capable of spelling and avoiding most grammar mistakes, and am able to actually be coherent in story form.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
...I'm so sorry....

Like it's all about you! I also had to finish formatting an interview on ye olde blog. Which, let me tell you, was really difficult over the sound of EPIC SNORING. At 8 p.m. no less.

querying deep in the night... it's not for the timid...

You're querying now?

Sorry, Ali! Usually there are a few nice peeps around those parts. But we're happy to have you here. :)

What is this thing Vacation you speak of? I don't know that word...

I recommend practicing it. Often. :)

In other news, I've got an interview on my blog with doloreshaze. It includes a giveaway of her recently-released sci fi romance if you're interested in stopping by and supporting a talented fellow AWer.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any suggestions on finding such? Besides just posting a "looking for Betas" thing?

The betas page is a good starting point, but didn't connect with anyone. Kinda' like speed dating or fission, it works for some people, but not everyone. Instead, I found folks in the different threads that I enjoyed "chatting" with, seemed to get my humor, and, best of all, were willing to read my garbage epic tales of epicocity. But you're right: once you find a beta you click with, it does make the writing/editing process a lot more funner.

As for posting in SYW. I teach spoiled, rich 14 year old boarding school students. Everything I've seen in SYW is pretty tame compared to what I deal with most days. :D.

Egads!

*new hero*

Status
Not open for further replies.