Hi, please view my strange short stories

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Hi humanwar,

I noticed this is your second thread in the New Members section where we usually hold introductions and greetings. For general questions and such, you should venture out into the forums (we won't bite!) and ask there.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Well we're here, silly! Welcome :) Just try us. You'll see.

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a good one but any leads to some of the best or most useful forums for writing?
Everyone's needs are different. You may have to try multiple forums to find the one that's best for you. AW has a lot of members, including experienced writers and publishers, and many have been here long-term which suggests their needs are being met. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from belonging to multiple forums if that best meets your needs, and your needs may change over time.

If you stick around here for a while and get involved with what's going on, you'll soon get a feel for whether this place is right for you.

eggs

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a new poster here too, but I've lurked for years here and in other places. This forum is the one I kept coming back to over the years, so for me it's the best. YMMV. I think AW has remained vibrant for so long because there is strong moderation in place. Shit talkers and drama queens are not tolerated, which suits my personal preferences very well indeed. The focus and vibe of all forums is, of course, very fluid. It changes as the active posters change. Right now, it seems like every second thread is about writing YA. Next year it might well be scifi erotica (please, God, make that happen).

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I googled this very same question some time back. It brought me here. Tried it for a while. Liked it. Haven't gone anywhere else.

Is there a better website? Don't know and don't particularly care. There is a wealth of great information here, in the old posts, in the stickies and in the brilliant advice from experienced writers. Stuff I wish I'd known years ago. Stuff that I'd read somewhere but didn't really believe. Stuff that works.

It's a very active forum and it's pretty friendly. What more could you ask for? Sometimes we waste our lives looking for perfection, ignoring the treasures that are right under our collective noses.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've merged your threads

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
Woo! That was weird! I was reading as the threads were merged and had this strange Groundhog Day/ Inception thing going off in my head. Like when you go in one door and come out in a totally different place.

Going to go and lie down now. Feeling dizzy.

Kimber

Kimber Vale
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimbervale.com
Good luck. If they're really weird, you can look into the handful of bizarro pubs out there. Like everyone else said, though, first pub rights are golden.

dmickey

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! It does seem like these forums have a lot more information and quite a few active users. Plus it seems like there's a place to share pretty much anything you write, once you get your 50 posts.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Humanwar, in regards to your question, others have answered it quite well already so I can't elaborate on that myself; however, I do want to welcome you to AW and good luck with your short stories.