Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
MOOOOOOOOOOOORNING!
About stereotypes, here's another one for ya. Apparently if you live in the UK, you know the Royal Family. Hmm, personally I don't get invited for tea and scones as much as I'd like, but we can't all get what we want. :Shrug: :tongue

When I went to Canada, my friends asked when I got back about certain stereotypes. I was like, "No! They don't live in Igloos!" lmao!
(They secretly live in ginger bread houses. mmmm) jks!

And guess what...INTERNET IS WORKING AGAIN! Yaaaaay!
I wrote THE best scene last night, it was cracking me up as I made a, hopefully, decent Twilight reference. And not in the silly way. The best friend is a fan of it, but the MC isn't and she's like "Twilight is for whimps. You should try Paranormal Activity. Now that's some scary shit." haha and then the friend is explaining Edward's love and she's all *gags* lol
Obv if it's not suitable at the end of it all, then I can take it out, but for that time being, I felt it suited the scene. You'll see. My sense of humour is coming out nicely in this new story. Teehee.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, I LOVE Twilight, but I thought rather than make the usual cheesy remark, I'd have the MC say something controversial. hehe.
I told mum and she was like "That does sound amusing." in her usual motherly manner. Pfft, she's just humouring me!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I HATE Twilight.

Speaking of which, its on Channel Four tonight, but if you want to join me in Harry Potter related viewing, then JK Rowling is on "Who Do You Think You Are?" on BBC One.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so I guess I did the Twilight reference alright then :) hehe
I'm going to be watching Twilight, I'm afraid, if I do watch anything. I don't watch much tv anymore. I'll probably just be on here. HA!
I'm not a fan of the "who do you think you are?" programmes. They bore me to TEARS!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
About stereotypes, here's another one for ya. Apparently if you live in the UK, you know the Royal Family. Hmm, personally I don't get invited for tea and scones as much as I'd like, but we can't all get what we want. :Shrug: :tongue

My parents went to one of the Queen's garden parties, if that counts. :tongue

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
What are you writing about, Kathryn?

It's about a girl called Kara who comes back from a European trip to find her town called Heaven completely changed. The people are acting strange, and her parents are arguing like no tomorrow and they won't explain why. She's gotta figure out what's wrong.
So far I haven't even figured out what that 'wrong' is. I have an idea, but it's not solid yet. That's the great thing about writing, you can just change it. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! Even with an outline, like I'm going to do with my future projects.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
All I know is that compared to my longer book I've been working on for so long, this is turning out a lot (well, so far) easier to write. Maybe it's because it's fresher, or because the story line isn't so complex, or the character's are easier to write about, but yeah... I'm liking it. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!

I am going for a bit soon, as soon as I get washed and dressed. I shall be back later.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I SANG FOR PRINCE CHARLES AND CAMILLA.

Well, in a choir, but still. :)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone...

So for the second day i forgot my headphone! GRRRRRRRRR

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Ha. He. Har.

That's three ways to laugh. *smiles foolishly*

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Good ol Canada. And, where I live, the weather is CRAP. PY.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, again. I just watched an episode of Torch Wood. Trying to catch up. Not doing so good :/

Status
Not open for further replies.