• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Rare Bird Books

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
There're two different distribution statements:

All Rare Bird Books titles are distributed in the United States through Cameron + Company, Ingram, and Baker & Taylor.

and

All Rare Bird Books titles are distributed in the U.S. by Publishers Group West.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Cameron + Company is distributed by Publishers Group West, so perhaps Rare Bird goes through PGW via C+C.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know, but they sure have some unique books out. Definitely a pub to watch. I sent my query in. I didn't see the writer's guidelines, so hopefully I'll get a response. I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the feedback.

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm guessing, given the publisher's (Tyson Cornell) history and the scope of the books available, they probably aren't taking queries as much as they are doing books they've heard about and are passionate about coming through the word-of-mouth of their existing network of author friends and cultural mavens. Tyson worked with many literary heavyweights when he was at Book Soup and the biographies of the authors he's working with are pretty distinguished. I think this will be another company that doesn't have submission guidelines because it isn't actively "looking."

Last edited:

gmlakes

Registered
Reaction score
Rare Bird does use PGW. I have published with them. Ask me anything or pm me.