Last Movie You Watched...

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
The Lion king. *sniggers* On video cassette, yeah! Yesterday, hell yeah! *shimmies for a while, then skulks off embarrassed*

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Chicago. My mother discovered I had a netflix account and has been taking advantage of it to watch all the movies she's not seen when they came out in the theater.

Not much of a hardship for me. And last night was Chicago which is a favorite of mine.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw two over the weekend:

Sleepers - the 1996 masterpiece with the home run cast: Deniro, Hoffman, Bacon, Pitt, et. al... Wonderful and emotionally rough. Highy recommended.

Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy - Loved it. Oldman's understated performance with awesome.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
"The Five Year Engagement"- not as funny as I'd hoped. More serious/sad for the majority, but not a bad movie. Just hyped wrong, I think.

"Elizabethtown"- own it, love it, watched it again. One of the best movie soundtracks ever.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Err...*might have the song Scotty Doesn't Know dowloaded on my MP3 player* *is not embarrassed* *will proudly blast it with the windows down*

Ahhh, love "Eurotrip" and this used to be our "going out song." My friends and I would jump in the car and crank this and the techno version of "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz.

"Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me do it in my van every Sunday..."

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, love "Eurotrip" and this used to be our "going out song." My friends and I would jump in the car and crank this and the techno version of "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz.

"Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me do it in my van every Sunday..."

"She tells him she's at church, but she doesn't go. Still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know...Scotty doesn't know-oh. So don't tell Scotty, Scotty doesn't know. Scotty doesn't know..."

:D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
One of the many Bring It On's with my daughter. It was girls' night...it was free on Netflix. She enjoyed the cheerleading (though thank goodness she doesn't want to be one...no offense to anyone who is!)

KRHolbrook

is not a My Little Pony
Registered
Reaction score
Wolf Town. Couldn't resist watching wolves, horror genre or not. <3

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Matrix. Again. and again, and again, and again. Will never tire of that movie. :D

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Watched 'O Brother, where art thou?' the other day. Still priceless. Never saw a better send-up--nor affectionate homage to, 'The Odyssey'. Not a Clooney fan but he's quite good in this and the rest of the cast is simply awesome.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Part 1 of No Direction Home. Based on the sheer length of the thing, I was expecting it to be a little boring, but I gotta say, it's a very well done documentary. Definitely recommend it, going to watch Part 2 later.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Apartment 143. Pretty awesome little horror movie. I jumped a few times (and it's REALLY hard to scare me!)

KRHolbrook

is not a My Little Pony
Registered
Reaction score
Watched The House. Didn't really get the greatest vibe from it, but I was trying to figure out some films with haunted houses, since my novel kind of revolves around, but with its own twist.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Apartment 143. Pretty awesome little horror movie. I jumped a few times (and it's REALLY hard to scare me!)

Ooh! Thanks for the rec! Always looking for a good horror/scary movie. Just watched the trailer. It looks very Paranormal Activity-ish? Would you say it's similar? This one looks a bit creepier and scarier though and even the trailer made me jump a few times. Yay!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Watched The House. Didn't really get the greatest vibe from it, but I was trying to figure out some films with haunted houses, since my novel kind of revolves around, but with its own twist.

Other great movies with haunted houses: The Haunting (didn't see the original but really enjoyed the 1999 remake with Liam Neeson, Katherine Zeta Jones, and Owen Wilson), Of course, Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 (moves pretty slow, but that actually made it super creepy for me), and one of my all time favorite movies ever (as evidenced in the What movie have you watched the most thread), Poltergeist. Now that is a kick-ass haunted house movie!

KRHolbrook

is not a My Little Pony
Registered
Reaction score
Other great movies with haunted houses: The Haunting (didn't see the original but really enjoyed the 1999 remake with Liam Neeson, Katherine Zeta Jones, and Owen Wilson), Of course, Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 (moves pretty slow, but that actually made it super creepy for me), and one of my all time favorite movies ever (as evidenced in the What movie have you watched the most thread), Poltergeist. Now that is a kick-ass haunted house movie!

I'll look into those. The paranormal activity previews didn't really do it for me, and I think I watched one movie that was kind of like those...My Little Eye maybe? I don't believe I've watched The Haunting, and I'm pretty sure I have seen Poltergeist, but may not have watched a lot of it (I can read horror novels, but watching horror films jacks my paranoia up waaaay high, lol).

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
The Hunger Games. But I think there's a separate thread on here for that. (I also don't watch many movies . . .)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
8 minutes of Wolf Moon. During which a guy waylays a teenage girl in the woods, demands that she date him, and when she refuses, beats her to death. o_O Then it switches to a whining, self-absorbed teen girl narrator, whose mother is dead and who lives in nowheresville with her father.

At which point I turned it off. The IMDB comments said it was Twilight with wolves. They were right.

flapperphilosopher

Registered
Reaction score
Website
annakrentz.blogspot.ca
Wings, a 1927 silent movie... a really good movie period, let alone silent! Also incredible biplane flying sequences, and Clara Bow, who is so adorable I pretty much have a crush on her, despite being a straight female.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh! Thanks for the rec! Always looking for a good horror/scary movie. Just watched the trailer. It looks very Paranormal Activity-ish? Would you say it's similar? This one looks a bit creepier and scarier though and even the trailer made me jump a few times. Yay!

Yeah, somewhat similar to Paranormal Activity, except that things happen (you're not just waiting and waiting). If you watch it, let me know if there was a part where you actually jumped :) Won't say anything so I don't ruin the surprise. Also, have you seen Grave Encounters? The first 20 minutes are kind of slow, but then everything happens!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, somewhat similar to Paranormal Activity, except that things happen (you're not just waiting and waiting). If you watch it, let me know if there was a part where you actually jumped :) Won't say anything so I don't ruin the surprise. Also, have you seen Grave Encounters? The first 20 minutes are kind of slow, but then everything happens!

Dude! (or dudette ;)) I'm totally in love with you right now for that rec!!!! Just watched the trailer and it looked like a cool combination of Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, Poltergeist, and REC/Quarantine all rolled up in one!! Totally my kind of film. Yayayay. Going to see if they are streaming or through mail on Netflix. Let me know of any other horror films you come across that you enjoy. The only thing I don't like are movies like Saw, but other than that I'm a horror movie fanatic. Thanks so much!

ETA: it's on streaming! yay! Will be watching it this weekend. :)

Last edited: