• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Integrity Artists Management

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Welcome, Tom.

Thanks guys, I am not an Agent I am a manager. I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers. Yes, I do know publishers and have been successful at getting books published. But that is not my only job, I focus on there career as a whole.

An Agents job is too sell,sell,sell. I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working. Where as an Agent will have 100 clients..or more. I have 15 because I give them each special attention.

I think what I'm reading is that you (1) are a middle-man between the writer and the agent or (2) you manage the promotional area of the writer's career.

If either of these things are true, I would be interested in knowing who you have managed and what your upfront fees are.

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say.

When you say "helped," do you mean you've been moral support?

Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable.

New writers are profitable, and agents take on new writers every single day. So, what you must be saying is that you are willing to work with new writers who are not profitable. In order for this to work for you, you must charge some kind of a fee.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am not an Agent I am a manager. I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers. Yes, I do know publishers and have been successful at getting books published. But that is not my only job, I focus on there career as a whole.

An Agents job is too sell,sell,sell. I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working. Where as an Agent will have 100 clients..or more. I have 15 because I give them each special attention.

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say. Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable.

I'm no clearer on what, precisely, it is that you do than I was before I ever heard of you.

So you seem to be wanting to act as some sort of combination of agent/coach/therapist?

I'm having a hard time figuring out why a writer would need a "manager". Perhaps you could clarify what it is you offer?

I work on all levels with my clients in regards to there careers....I focus on there career as a whole.
What does this mean? What sort of "work"? In regard to what aspect of their careers? I think some specifics would help.

I make sure my client is getting the best deal for the future
Does this mean you are involved in the contract negotiating process? What is your experience with negotiating publishing contracts? How does this differ from the work an agent does negotiating contracts?

and I work with the Agent to make sure my client is always working.
Does this mean you help negotiate contracts for future books? How does this differ from the work an agent does negotiating contracts? And again, what is your experience? Who are some authors for whom you've secured contracts for future books?

Or instead of negotiating future contracts, do you mean you act as a time-management coach, to nag a writer to keep writing?

I give them each special attention
What sort of attention? I'm still not clear on what it is that you do.

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say.
Are you a licensed therapist?

The more of your posts that I read, the more confused I get about exactly what services you are offering. And you've given no hint as to how you get paid.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I have helped clients through Drug Withdrawals and Divorces. Managers are the ones who care I guess you could say. Manager are usually willing to also work with new writers where Agents want writers who are already profitable.

No - that's mothers.

;)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Some derailing posts have been moved to TIO, just in case anyone was wondering where they'd gone.

Sorry for the derail.

(Did you see what I did there? Ha!)

tomelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.integrityartistsmanagement.com
I apologize for being absent, I have been overly busy. I understand you guys are skeptical..your suppose to be. There are 99 scammers to every legit person in our business.

I do not scam anyone. My business was started from a scam. That cost me thousands of dollars. Thats why I work with Wheelman Press for book publishing and I own Gawid Entertainment which is a movie distribution company.

Both companies do not charge fee's and only get paid when you do.

I am not trying to sell myself or to get your business. I am simply trying to get into the community more.

Please feel free to email me if you have questions if I dont respond fast enough here. [email protected]

tomelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.integrityartistsmanagement.com
I think maybe he's offering to answer questions writers may have about actors and filmmakers?

Pretty much, yes I work mostly with Screenwriters/Actors/Filmmakers. I have been working with a few authors. I am getting my screenwriters to adapt there screenplays into novels..It's an easier sell for the screenplay if the novel is successful.

My Grammar sucks, thanks for all the helpful hints..lol

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. Not finding any activity after '15.