Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I haz green tea with honey.

I'll be happy to share, but it doesn't have much of a caffeine kick.

0 in fact.

But it's tasty.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Your tea sounds yummy, Skwirrel! I used the rest of my green tea bags to make an iced tea/cranberry/lemon juice cleanse. It tastes like crap from the bitter fruits but really does make you feel better on the inside.

I have to work today at 1:30 and really don't want to go in. Its been a week now since I've had a day off and I won't have one until Saturday. Last night I woke up about every 1/2 hr to an hour and I just need sleep. :(

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Your tea sounds yummy, Skwirrel! I used the rest of my green tea bags to make an iced tea/cranberry/lemon juice cleanse. It tastes like crap from the bitter fruits but really does make you feel better on the inside.

Hmm... Any special recipe or just mix the three together in equal amounts?

I have to work today at 1:30 and really don't want to go in. Its been a week now since I've had a day off and I won't have one until Saturday. Last night I woke up about every 1/2 hr to an hour and I just need sleep. :(
Ugh.. That sounds miserable.
I'm ready for a nap. Was found by an OMG holy bouncy dog this morning on my walk with our youngest dog. Crazy bouncy dog followed us home. No tags but had an electronic fence collar. Walked a little over a mile, carrying the little lost dog (it refused to walk any further than the the first house we stopped at). It might have been part cat - it settled right down and was content to be carried hither and yon until we found his people.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I didn't go in to work after-all. I don't know how, but it appears I've developed a food allergy to shell fish. I had some last night and my chest tightened up immediately. I brushed it off thinking it was the oil/grease (bay scallops). Today for lunch I had a Thai dish with shrimp and the same thing happened. My chest hurts so much I want to cry right now. I called my grandma and she said if anything worse were to happen it would have by now so I just took some Benedryl and am sitting here pouting.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I had a brilliant moment I thought you would all appreciate, in which Bri proves herself to be ridiculous:

I had a cherry Pepsi - in a bottle on my table, naturally, where I was working, near my iPad and bluetooth keyboard and paperwork and waht not - and I was standing up to go do something. The bottle was shut, lid on, and I'd only had a few sips.

Well, apparently I'm incapable of closing lids properly, because my headphones acted like a trip wire, knocking the soda over. It sprayed soda out the side of the cap all over everything. Swear to the great novelists in the skies it freaking detonated all over everything - table, door, chairs, things five feet away, even.

Well, almost everything. Not a drop landed on my iPad or keyboard. Everything else? Drenched. I swear, the radius was more than five feet.

It was sort of brilliant. Even if my hair does now smell like fake cherry flavoring.

Abby - ahh! No! Go get allergy tested! It could be something else, and you could expose yourself more, and food allergies get worse with exposure as your body gets more efficient at battling against and recognizing the triggering element.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I just took some Benedryl and am sitting here pouting.
Did the Benedryl help? Shoot, what a sucky allergy to develop. :(
It was sort of brilliant. Even if my hair does now smell like fake cherry flavoring.
:tongue Oh, no! But at least your computer was spared.

*licks Bri's hair when her back is turned and she's not paying attention*

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
... I imagine with all the product in my hair, even with cherry soda, it wouldn't taste very good...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Is she really bouncing around in a "cannot focus on anything more than two minutes" kind of way, or just in a "I'm a kid and have lots of energy" kind of way?

The latter. I cannot catch a fucking break - I already told a couple of people via e-mail, and the reactions have varied, but have been consistent in "this is normal", that I took her on a massive walk... Like, fifteen miles, right around the town. She sits down for (at most) ten minutes when she gets back in, not sleeping or anything, and *BAM* right back to the high energy level she had before the walk. *headdesk*

What the sheep said. Coffee can do great things for a kid who simply can. not. focus.

She can focus, sooooo much. Adding caffeine is likely to prolong my torture with negligible benefits for me. I, on the other hand, have been downing the stuff just to keep pace with her.

I'm not cut out for this.

Because we're awesome. :D

Shh, I'm trying to write! *mutters*

The novel??? :hooray:

And also, I first typed absolutvodka into the url bar instead of absolutewrite. :tongue It didn't bring me here.

Hmm... I wonder how you could have made that mistake. :D

Spirit - that novel I've been working on for years now?

It hit 50k tonight.

:snoopy:

Yay. How much more do you figure it has to go?

I don't know how, but it appears I've developed a food allergy to shell fish. I had some last night and my chest tightened up immediately.

Do I have to tell you to go see a doctor again? I will, you know.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Promise I'll go to the doctor as soon as I can. Today I just have to survive work so I can come home and relax this weekend.

Hope Zoe lets up on you soon (or your brother/someone else can come take her for a while).

*sets out breakfast nachoes*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Promise I'll go to the doctor as soon as I can. Today I just have to survive work so I can come home and relax this weekend.

You had better see someone. I have enough problems here, my mind can barely cope with everything I *need* to be thinking about...

Hope Zoe lets up on you soon (or your brother/someone else can come take her for a while).

There's meant to have been news, but I haven't heard anything so far. One of the relatives over Glasgow way should have been over, but hasn't bothered to do as much as 'phone me. *shrug* I'm too tired to sort anything out.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No need for worrying. :) Promise. I'm much better today. No more pain and the itchiness is all gone.

:( I can't believe no one's come to help or at least relieve you for a bit! That seems really weird they wouldn't bother to realize you may need a little time to yourself.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone is caught up in their own little dramas. I've made up a bag with the monster's stuff, so if someone does come along she's getting sent off with them. :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Oh wow! Hope no one's hurt and they all got free soda!!
mtdew.jpg

No, just one person had "minor injuries". But look at the poor soda cut down in the prime of its life.

Or something.

ITS THE WEEKEND!!!

*takes off pants*
:roll:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Just the jalapeno kind. :D

I'm watching Love Actually right now. Forgot how much the scene where she's listening to the Joni Mitchell song makes me tear up. <3

What are you hounds up to? Its been so quiet in here lately without Ted and Greg around.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
A certain someone has her face painted (and silver glitter is EVERYWHERE), but she is happy - for now. Cartoons on in the background means any writing I do today will most likely be a waste of energy...

Status
Not open for further replies.