Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have a crush on Ed from Electric Dreamer...

I'm going to bed now.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Well they weren't best friends before they met. They met, started dating, but as the years passed he became her only and best friend along with being her boyfriend. That's what she initially is most torn up about, that after 6 years she suddenly has no one... then she meets Jake, who actually does become a best friend along with his brother Darrel. With no romantic-ness at all.

Oops, I misunderstood. But that is so sad what happened to your character. :<

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah its just as bad for Jake.

In a relationship with a girl Susie for three years. His first like real girlfriend, he bought her everything she ever wanted, let her live with him at his apartment, treated her like a princess. But she began to change once a sweet girl, turned into a bitch who only ever wanted to party. She began putting him down as a "Dork" or "Nerd" or "Geek". She was an Art major, so for any class she was required to take by the university, like math or science, she had him cheat and do all her work for her.

Then freaked out on him one night for working on his Senior Thesis, instead of going out with her to a party (an activity he hated to do to begin with) so she left him. Then came crawling back, he bought her make up gifts and a week later as she hosted a party at his apt that he didnt know about and someone spilled alcohol over his Thesis poster, he kicked her out... then came begging for her forgiveness a few days later. She forgave him then left him again...

And I'm at 16K now!!! That's already 2K today!

Now time for a stake dinner!

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
The kids I'm watching are watching my little pony: friendship of magic. Zoom would approve.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Hey everyone!

Just got back from my little cousin's birthday party. There were so many little kids there and...they were all like little Engergizer bunnies. What I wouldn't give to have that much energy. I didn't really do anything today and I am SO tired.

How's everyone?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I bought two gorgeous BCBG dresses.

Best Feeling Around: When you're too small for BCBG's size S, and get demoted to XS. :)

Second Best Feeling Around: When you step out of the changing room and all sorts of random people are saying "That's so pretty" "You look like a baby doll!" "That dress is stunning on you!"

:)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from a freaking awesome Steak Dinner!!! YAYAYAYAYAY! It was awesome... ummmm Steak! And they had mashed potatoes and this other side i cant spell... but it was awesome.

I would totally break my diet again for that!

Then my mom and grandmom forced me to gamble. They gave me money sat me down at a machine like it was some kind of right of passage or something. As a child i thought it was so exciting and couldn't wait... now... its really not that exciting. Just repetitive button pushing. Talk about boring. I didn't win either not that i was expecting too.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be XS, trying to get back down to at least S.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I hit puberty at a solid M (though... probably a lot of it came from my ridiculously amazing swimming shoulders). I usually wear S these days, though recently I've graduated to XS in a lot of shirts and now dresses! yay!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm a 17K, and just spilled out poor Jake and Darrel's horrible past. I'm so evil.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Probably the end of the week! Its not going to be a full length novel... more like a novella. At least that's what i was planning, who knows if that will come true, i always tend to overwrite.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know that feeling. But don't sell yourself short. If you came up with it, you are totally the right person to write it. It might take some time, but you will find a way to accurately and perfectly portray your awesome mental image of your story into words for everyone to love! Don't Give Up!

Took me 7 re-writes of my first book...

I'm another K farther, and still going strong. Hoping to keep this motivation up most of the night!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I worried about that sort of thing all the time. You see these epic scenes play out in your head, that get you so excited, but when you sit down to write you like "Shit... this isn't coming out right" Then you just get so frustrated with yourself that you want to throw your laptop across the room and say "Screw it" because that awesome picture in your head isnt as awesome on paper.

Don't worry about that the first draft. Just write it. Finish it, then when you re-read it you'll find yourself for many areas going "Wow, that's awesome" and for others, you might just have to add a little more detail or emotion, but with the ground work already laid, its much easier then you would imagine.

I always wanted my books to be terrifying. As i read them i realized a 6 year old wouldn't even have trouble falling asleep if they were read it. So I read up on "How to write Horror". Up the suspense in area's, added more internal thoughts, and feelings, made areas more scary. And so far's its gotten some good feedback.

The hardest part is just finishing the book. Do that first and then worry about it being perfect with your mental image, that's the easier part.

You so got this!!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So i stopped today having written 6,253 words, bringing my grand total to 20,318! At this rate I might finish the book in two days!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I'm on the sofa, but I have my laptop on a tray. I'm hoping it will help. :)

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Confession: I had to google BCBG dress to figure out what was being referred to.

I don't normally play the "guy" card, but I'm totally doing it this time. :p

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It's not a guy thing. I don't know what or who BCBG is either.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks! How's everybody doing?

I've done a ridiculous amount of reading these past couple weeks, so hopefully now I can move on to doing some writing.