Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Milo!

How many copies did you buy for your friends/family? :)

Well, I got an extra for myself (in addition to the contributor copy), but made my family members buy their own. Copies are, as we speak, being shipped off to various relatives I have not seen in years, or, in some cases, family friends that I've never laid eyes on. It's a rather odd experience.

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
Twitter fiction is, it turns out, very cool. I wrote three a few days ago, submitted them yesterday, and Trapeze and Cuento just sent acceptances. Publications two and three! (even if in a somewhat smaller format)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Twitter fiction is, it turns out, very cool. I wrote three a few days ago, submitted them yesterday, and Trapeze and Cuento just sent acceptances. Publications two and three! (even if in a somewhat smaller format)

Yay! Congratulations! (-:

-Suzanne

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! Was your first publication a full-length piece or another Twitter fiction?

Nathaniel Katz

The Evil Hat
Registered
Reaction score
My first was a flash story that just came out in Historical Lovecraft.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats, Nat!

The very first twitter fic I wrote, I sent to Nanoism. It's been there for nearly two months now. Should have gone with Trapeze. :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, you guys!

I'm thinking it's going to be twitter fiction for me this month too, both my sub1 and my write1.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the Twitter acceptances, Nate! They're fun and challenging, aren't they?

A little news: The anthology I'm in will be out in print soon, but is available as an ebook now!

And since my story is first in the book, you can actually read the entire thing in the free Kindle sample. I don't have a Kindle, Blackberry, iPhone/iTouch or anything like that, but I do have the free Kindle-for-PC app that lets you download books and samples to your computer for free. I downloaded the sample, and my whole story is there as well as a good chunk of the second one.

Here's the link if anyone's interested in reading my offering--(these aren't affiliate links or anything): Leather, Denim & Silver: Legends of the Monster Hunter. I had a heck of a lot of fun writing it. :)

Also, there's a giveaway for the anthology Nate has a story in, Historical Lovecraft, at GoodReads. The contest ends tomorrow, so hurry and sign up if you want a chance at winning a copy of the book. You can enter here.

Shelley

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Ooh--nice one, Shelley! :)

I haz braggage, and it's W1S1 braggage, too. First W1S1 sale of the year. 'Clinohumite,' one of my February stories, has been picked up by 'Bards and Sages Quarterly' for their October issue.

:banana:

TMarchini

Registered
Reaction score
I found out yesterday that my short story was accepted for Adams Media's Bad Austen anthology to be published in the Fall! **Clinks glass**

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Izz and TMarchini!

:partyguy:

Shelley

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Thanks, peeps. :)

And congrats, Tracy. Also, :welcome: to the W1S1 subforum. Whether you happened upon us by accident or design, we're happy you're here and hope you'll take up residence along our peaceful streets (or at least visit plenty). *cheesy grin*

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Izz: we are now magazine buddies, published in the same market (though not the same issue) :)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com

Izz: we are now magazine buddies, published in the same market (though not the same issue) :)
Hee--actually, we were already magazine buddies :) This is the third story i've sold to B&SQ. I like the stuff they publish, and it seems they like the stuff i write. Good times all around :D

Status
Not open for further replies.