New Member~

Pixie~

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya :3 My name is Emily, though most call me Emy/Emmy or Pixie (I got the nickname Pixie because I am "short", and all my friends think between my height, the way I dress, the glitter I usually have around my eyes, and the glitter I spray in my hair sometimes when I am out with them mixed with the colors in my hair (I color my hair often - red, orange, pink, green - currently it is purple and white which I dyed it last night) that I remind them of a pixie. I have multiple nicknames but that is one main one. Anyway, I'm rambling. I am 15, only about three months away from turning 16. But don't let my age fool you. I've been writing for about two years, and have been published twice - well, my poetry, that is, at least in two separate poetry books and I am awaiting for the fall issue of a literary mag to come out so I will have a third publication of either another poem of mine, or a short story. ^-^

I have one main novel I have been working on, and have a little over 50 pages done. It is a novel I am putting my heart and soul into, and it means a lot to me. Writing has always been a passion and my escape from reality. It was like the dream world I created in my head, I one day finally decided to turn into a novel. Of course, changing some things around. This novel consists of many controversial subjects - mainly against religion in the first few chapters and it is the underlining root that causes everything bad (and good, in it's own twisted way) that happens to the main character throughout the novel. I have gotten a few reviews on it from fellow friends who are writers, and they've always been great reviews and unbiased. But, I fear they're saying certain things and are encouraging just because they are my friends. I am stuck with the novel, because I have this lingering doubt about how it is written and feel this need to know, before I go further, if it even really has a chance. I have been looking for "critics", I guess here there are beta readers, and thought it would be good for my novel and me to join this site. To explain it is a little hard for me, because I am a writer who, though she has a main idea for the plot and theme, usually just sits down, writes, and lets it all flow and doesn't plan ahead too much. I feel I need to let my work come out as it pops in my head.

Last night, it took me like a half an hour or so to try to explain everything that basically happens in the book, to my best friend, because he was curious. I know, I know, one of these days I will have to find a way to put it into words for a synopsis, but for now I am focusing on actually getting the novel written. Though, if I get any beta readers offering to read my work, I *will* write out a brief overview as best I can and explain one or two things that needs to be known - it is one of the big things/one of the many reasons I wanted beta readers.

I would love to get to know some beta readers, and get unbiased opinions on it and some constructive criticism. If you're easily offended, or have strict views on certain things, I wouldn't recommend offering to read what I have in my novel so far.

But yeah :) I'm excited to join the site, and I hope to speak to some of you soon! Beta readers or even just fellow writers!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Emily!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-