Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
This chapter isn't going to to be the best... But the next one is planned to be quite the exciting one.

I just need to increase the word count in my chapters...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good. The writing is going okay, though there's a part of me that seems to have forgotten that Will is a vampire. I am hoping to change this when I type this lot up.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, HR, it was Unique (Wade), a transgendered character.

I quite enjoyed all of their numbers, especially Lea Michele's cover of 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'. Out of this world, you guys. That woman's voice is gold.

But Glee last night was at its best.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, HR, it was Unique (Wade), a transgendered character.

I quite enjoyed all of their numbers, especially Lea Michele's cover of 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'. Out of this world, you guys. That woman's voice is gold.

But Glee last night was at its best.

Sorry my mistake! I haven't actually watched last night's episodes yet and I didn't know that Unique was coming back. *goes to watch*

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
The two episodes from last night were SO good. Props might be the best of all time, story-wise, but Nationals is pretty damn good.

Also, hope I'm not spoiling anything by saying... since it's Nationals, Vocal Adrenaline is back! Which means Jesse St. James!

Jesse is my FAVORITE character other than Rachel. I ship St. Berry SO HARD.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, let me tell you... Jesse makes up for the egging incident in Nationals. In a big way.

I also dearly love Sebastian, if for nothing else than the thought of how beautiful it will be when he and Kurt find something or someone to mutually hate. Can you imagine the pure wit? I would DIE. It would be so very epic.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I ship Kurbastian.

Strangely.

Not as hard as my main ships, but... <3

:tongue I just ship every single ship there is to ship! Except KarofskyxSue.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
sorry gleeks.

I just found a tape of On My Own from les mis being covered. THEY RUINED IT! goodness...

comped

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I love that cover! Lea Michele was offered Eponine on Broadway when she was 20.

:tongue I'm a total Lea Stan.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
Matt, if you don't like their songs, why do you listen to them?

School, HR. Have to get the kids to talk to me somehow.

YA question: are multiple FP views in a book (switching between chapter if necessary) common practise? Is it frowned upon?

comped

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
School, HR. Have to get the kids to talk to me somehow.

YA question: are multiple FP views in a book (switching between chapter if necessary) common practise? Is it frowned upon?

comped

I wouldn't say it's common practice, but there are books with multiple points of view. Per*fect Chem*istry and Rul*es of Attra*ction are told from two points of view each. From the Wol*ves of Mer*cy Fa*lls trilogy, Shi*ver has two, then Ling*er and Fo*rev*er both have four.

If that's what works best for a book, then there's nothing wrong with it. The main point is that the voices sound distinctive enough from each other.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, there are a decent number of Glee fans in the thread. You are so totally allowed to have your own opinion, but please be respectful of ours'.

I'm not sure what FP stands for, but multiple POVs are quite common in YA, and done right can be quite succesful.

ETA: HOUR beat me to it! And I'd like to add that people write multi-POV in very different ways.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
There's also writing in third person omnipotent. There are a lot of books that kind of sit right on the line between third limited with multiple POVs and third omnipotent. When writing from multiple POVs, third tends to be ideal. You have to be *really* good at voice to do multiple POVs in first person. Besides which, doing it that way gets kind of annoying. @nn M Mart1n is someone who was able to pull it off in her Baby-sitters Club super special books (or whatever they were). But those books are also middle grade/chapter books, and generally people don't read those unless they're already fans of the series. Plus she had a lot of experience writing from all the girls' points of view.