What!? No Romanian thread?

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, not even remotely Romanian, but a big fan of Ioan Coulianu's books on theology and Renaissance magic. One of my husband's closest friends was a student of his when he died.

Hello, Alessandra! Wonderful gallery, you're very talented, indeed.

Coulianu is a tragic figure. Hope to see you around, don't get put off by Romanian language, we'll write in English too.

Adagio

Last edited:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Welcome back, Adagio! I've wondered where you've been, haven't seen you around for some time. I usually disappear from this site during the summer, busy with work and gardening stuff. Now it's autumn and work has slowed, my interests in writing and finally, after a long, long lull, in art are back again. Hope everything is well with you. Hope your father is doing well. Nice to see you back on AW again. :)

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Adagio! I've wondered where you've been, haven't seen you around for some time. I usually disappear from this site during the summer, busy with work and gardening stuff. Now it's autumn and work has slowed, my interests in writing and finally, after a long, long lull, in art are back again. Hope everything is well with you. Hope your father is doing well. Nice to see you back on AW again. :)

TEPELUS! TEPELUS!!!! I've wondered about you, too! (read the excess of [!] as a sign of joy!) I remember sending you back that chapter 2 with just a sprinkle of comments and some info about costume in Tepeș times, and then ... hm. Who knows now? Hard to tell. A couple of things concurred to my absence: father (better), two jobs and a huge glitch in my computer :Hammer: that had left me shaky and speechless (thought I lost everything, some work saved on a back-up disk, but not all.) Another thank you to the Higher Power (or Powers) that I was able to recover the most important chunk of data.

I'm typing now happily at a new laptop. Not so happily though, I still miss the keyboard of my old comp. This k. doesn't work well when I have to type a lot and fast. Soon I'll buy a desktop comp with a good size keyboard.

How are you, your gardening and your writing doing? Mine is in limbo - but I still kept your pertinent comments on my first chapter!

So nice to meet you again. :e2flowers
I'll be around - it feels so good having the weekends to myself.
Cheers
Doina

ETA: Forgot to mention that I love your signature and the avatar!

Last edited:

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Bine ai revenit, Doina. :hi:

Ma bucur sa te cunosc.

Mulțumesc de urare, Andreea.

Și eu mă bucur să te cunosc, abia aștept să ”te” citesc. N-am avut timp azi-noapte să citesc toate postările din acest thread așa că recuperez acum, cu ajutorul :e2coffee: (brewed Turkish style) nici nu se poate altfel.

Pe curând - so long (I hate î din â - if you knew how much headache this new rule gives us in the library with books' titles :e2hammer:)

Doina

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
Daca lipsesc si eu un pic de aici apare restul lumii...

Va urez tuturor o saptamana buna, ca incepe maine...

Pot sa simt aroma cafelei tale, Doina... si daca iti plac corabiile cu panze si povestile cu pirati, poate te corup pe tine sa vii cu un personaj in povestea noastra... ca Edi nu vrea decat capitan de marina, si postul e ocupat... :(

Oricum, poti sa te uiti cand vrei si cat vrei,si sa-ti faci o idee daca te inspira si pe tine creator ;)

Saptamana viitoare, cand termin cronica pe luna asta pentru site, o sa va postez aici link-ul - da o idee mai buna asupra intregii activitati dintr-o luna...

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Elena, dupa ce ma eliberez un pic te las sa ma corupi pe mine. :tongue

Doina, mi-ar face placere sa ma citesti. :D

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Ai văzut ce se-ntâmplă dacă lipsești? Mă voi duce la link-ul tău dar nu promit nimic la creație cu pirați. În afară de Johnny Depp-piratul n-am prea urmărit povești de genul acesta, dar asta-i o lipsă de-a mea, promit să mă pun la punct. Poate azi să dau o raită pe acolo, asta printre domestic chores care nu se mai termină [*sigh*] It's more exciting to be here!

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Elena, dupa ce ma eliberez un pic te las sa ma corupi pe mine. :tongue

Doina, mi-ar face placere sa ma citesti. :D

Da da si iar da -- și vreau s-o citesc și pe Andreea!

Doina

P.S. Lovely cat!

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
:tongue It looks like I quoted the wrong person, but the answer is Yes to both Elenitsa and Andreea! [should drink another cup of coffee]

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Here you go.

coffee-art.jpg

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh! Yummy! Me loves cappuccino. Now when I start my diet (low-carbs.) Darn diets. Can I save this pic, a reminder of the good stuff out there in the wide world, out of my reach?

Doina-on-diet :cry:

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Cafeaua e chiar frumoasa... Si vreau si eu s-o citesc pe Andreea, desigur!

Iar daca iti plac si ai imaginatie... e suficient sa intri in pielea unui personaj. Cea mai mica membra e o fata de 15 ani din Colorado, care m-a entuziasmat cu talentul ei literar. Dar avem de toate varstele si din destule tari...

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Interesant ce-ai scris. Voi veni acolo, fără discuție, doar să mă mai pun la punct cu fișierele în computer, cu manuscrisul meu abandonat, să văd pe unde stau. Și sunt cam obosită, dar n-are rost să mă plâng, toți lucrăm f/t și stăm prost cu timpul. Azi m-am baladat prin AW să mă pun la curent cu ce-i nou pe-aici, am rezolvat și o problemă tech (cu mouse-ul), și uite-așa trece timpul! Mai trebuie să spăl și vase. Of.
Te voi ține la curent.
Cu drag,
Doina

ETA: I absolutely love the header, or whatever it's called, at Before the Mast. I'm big on tall ships. Did I say this before? I did.

Last edited:

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
TEPELUS! TEPELUS!!!! I've wondered about you, too! (read the excess of [!] as a sign of joy!) I remember sending you back that chapter 2 with just a sprinkle of comments and some info about costume in Tepeș times, and then ... hm. Who knows now? Hard to tell. A couple of things concurred to my absence: father (better), two jobs and a huge glitch in my computer :Hammer: that had left me shaky and speechless (thought I lost everything, some work saved on a back-up disk, but not all.) Another thank you to the Higher Power (or Powers) that I was able to recover the most important chunk of data.

I'm typing now happily at a new laptop. Not so happily though, I still miss the keyboard of my old comp. This k. doesn't work well when I have to type a lot and fast. Soon I'll buy a desktop comp with a good size keyboard.

How are you, your gardening and your writing doing? Mine is in limbo - but I still kept your pertinent comments on my first chapter!

So nice to meet you again. :e2flowers
I'll be around - it feels so good having the weekends to myself.
Cheers
Doina

ETA: Forgot to mention that I love your signature and the avatar!

Glad to hear things with you and your father are better now. I had a major computer malfunction last November, as in, the hard drive kicked it. Lost everything that I didn't have backed up, which meant a good portion of my novel. I got a new laptop, sulked for a few weeks, and picked myself up and rewrote the chapters I lost. I also signed up with Dropbox so my files also get saved there automatically, so in the event this computer decides to kick it too, I'll still have all of my writing on my Dropbox account. Still need to invest in a flash drive, I have a lot of pictures too I need to back up, and I lost most of my pictures on my old laptop.

Anyway, I haven't really worked much on my novel in the past few months, my mind has been on gardening and work wears me out. Work has slowed and soon the flowers will so to sleep, so during the long winter months I'll be writing again. And drawing. I drew a portrait of my boyfriend that turned out surprisingly well. Didn't think I could draw so good, especially since it had been years since I've drawn anything.

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar. I think autumn is my favorite season, or maybe it's spring. I love them both.

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Tepelus, your story is even worse than mine. I am so sorry. Let me see if I can find the two chapters you'd sent me, though I lost data, too. Can't remember now.
I'm using now Dropbox, but I didn't do much work lately.
I, too, sulked for some time. My laptop is OK, but still it gives me jitters each time I switch it on, the image on the screen gets all scrambled, I have to kick the lid until the image stabilizes. That's why I'm still using the old comp, as Word Processor. I will not find peace of mind until I'll buy a new desktop.
I know you have a demanding job so I'm glad you can relax a little. Enjoy your gardening. My only gardening is on the balcony (a few pots with geraniums and petunias), and I have a couple of pots at work. We don't get daylight, but the plants are doing OK in the fluorescent lights.

Cheers and gook luck with your drawing. BTW, me too, I tried my hand at drawing, but I'm not that good. I can copy from another picture but not from nature. Hope to see you around.

Doina

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Here's the picture I drew of my boyfriend. The original looks much better than this scanned copy, because you can see the details and shading which the scanner doesn't pick up.

MyJerry-1.jpg

Actually, the only chapters I had saved were the first three, the first two of which I gave you. The rest, poof! Gone. In an instant. But they're rewritten, and maybe better than before. But thanks for the offer in finding them for me.

The picture I'm working on now is of Andrei Andrei, in the buff. He's freakin' hot. :)

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
V-am promis cronica, cu tot ce are ea... Barfele reprezinta progresul de luna asta al actiunii, si sunt links la diferitele capitole mentionate...

The October issue of the "Monthly Histories and Chronicles of the West Indies" is up, with new interviews, gossips and stories!

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BeforeTheMast/index.php?showtopic=1820

Adagio

Registered
Reaction score
Tepelus, you are so talented! Look at how the shadows and lights play on his face, even with the scanner, amazing. I'll never be able to draw like this. You must have had some schooling, this is professional technique. Thank you for sharing "the face!" There's kindness and humor in the face. Am I right?

I'm sorry I didn't get here earlier to leave a word but now I'm down with the flu bug, as if that's all I needed. I look and feel like a zombie (whatever a zombie feels and looks!) I was in the rain without an umbrella and dressed in light clothes, for summer (clinging to summer.)

Cheers and good luck with the drawing. I'll ask you a few questions on gardening but not now, I can't keep my eyes and mind focused.
Doina