Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I racked up about 900 words done tonight reworking the 4th chapter of my FOTS novel (another battle scene - 36.8k to 37.5k words - that adds up to 0.9k (and there's some change there).

Sheesh! My muse seems to be working again.

I think maybe it was the coffee, beer, vitamins, beer, PomX, beer, pizza, beer, chicken, and beer, that must have lured her back.

Or maybe it was just the coffee and chocolate I tend to have early mornings and late evenings...

:shrug:

I'm not complaining though. She's back and that's all I care about right now.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Goals Were:

• 10k new words
Accomplishments:
  • Another 16k added to Paper Tigers
  • About 1k added to other projects
Pubs/Acceptances/Rejections:
Goals For This Week:

• 10k new words

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Yay, Greg!

My goals were to continue cutting 9K-10K from the book.

My output (appropriate because I'm taking stuff out, LOL) is: I made a complete first pass, added 2 short scenes, and deleted (I think) 5K-6K. I edit on hard copy, so I don't have a firm number.

Goal this week: continue 2nd editing pass to get the total cut number to 9K-10K.

And to drink much coffee.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My goal was for... *runs back and looks* ...for 750 new words.

:guns: Wrote a short for the January cute and cuddly prompt - 1956 words - I still need to edit it.

:guns: Wrote the ending of a new short in the smut sector. It had been around 400 but I changed my mind, flipped it around, and it now waits for a middle and beginning at 176 words.

:guns: No word on the picture book subs (3 still out there).
:guns: I'll give the agents til the end of February then start looking at publishers. I didn't want to, really would rather have agent representation, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.
:guns: Trying to not be discouraged.

:guns: tryingtryingtrying.

:guns: No word on the Three Crow Press sub, but it's early yet - they have a response time of 3 weeks posted, so that would be the first of February-ish.

:guns: Put me down for 500.
:guns: My muse is tempermental and is feeling rather short tempered at the moment.

Last edited:

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
No work on my WIP last few days. Working 12hr shifts puts a damper on the creative muse and time. I did manage to bang out 1,500k last week.

I did work on some plot outlines, if that counts.:)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Well, I met my goal from last week. Revised first 1/4 of the MS.

And I outlined my Jan. prompt story. Though I don't think I'll get to posting in Jan. And, to be honest, it morphed into something less to do with a fuzzy animal and more to do with plants. :Shrug:

Goal this week: At least another 1/4, to put me at the 1/2 way mark. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my Fine Feline.

I haven't been updating regularly as I should. Please don't ingest me.

Goals Were:

• Um, none.
Accomplishments:

• Um, 600 words or so.

• :D
Pubs/Acceptances/Rejections:
  • Um, none.
Goals For This Week:

• 1000 new words.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

You, too, with the BPs there Haggis?

... granted, it was a good use of them. :ROFL:

I'm not even going back and looking at the goals because I know I fell short on them all. I had something come across my desk that demanded my attention, and everything else got shoved to the back burner until it got finished. Which took a lot longer than I had expected/hoped it would.

This week, and for the next four weeks, I am teaching again so the goals need to scale back some.

I figure at least 3500 new words on one of the WIPs by this time next week, in part prompted from an idea I had on the way home from the airport about what to do with one of my MC's in a WIP I've been toying with off and on. (Two words: "It's alive!")

I shall also take the advice of a nun for the first time in my life and finish revamping (pun intended) my query and then get the new version up into Query Hell this week.

Also have a couple of poems rattling around still, and the blog lay fallow last week so I need to get back on that as well.

And also, this:

And to drink much coffee.

Because I know I can hit that one easily.

:Coffee:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
hello my lovely darling houndies. Work load is very heavy today. I feel like a beastie of burden. I will be back tomorrow night with hugs and beatings for all.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

P.S. I am leaving a snack treat for all. I am sure Haggis and Lily will enjoy it.
917473812_4b3afff5c8_m.jpg

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I increased my word count from 37.5k to 38.2k between the 14th and today (though I'll be working on it again in a little bit and it might increase slightly above that).

So, from 36.8k to 38.2k since last week works out to about 1400 words which is about 100 words short of my goal for this week. I'll get that in this afternoon easily so I claim "goal met" and set a goal of 2k words for this coming week for my FOTS WIP plus a blog entry and an entry in the Bare Bones thread.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
My goal was for... *runs back and looks* ...for 750 new words.

:guns: Wrote a short for the January cute and cuddly prompt - 1956 words - I still need to edit it.

:guns: Wrote the ending of a new short in the smut sector. It had been around 400 but I changed my mind, flipped it around, and it now waits for a middle and beginning at 176 words.

:guns: No word on the picture book subs (3 still out there).
:guns: I'll give the agents til the end of February then start looking at publishers. I didn't want to, really would rather have agent representation, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.
:guns: Trying to not be discouraged.

:guns: tryingtryingtrying.

:guns: No word on the Three Crow Press sub, but it's early yet - they have a response time of 3 weeks posted, so that would be the first of February-ish.

:guns: Put me down for 500.
:guns: My muse is tempermental and is feeling rather short tempered at the moment.

Muse needs to be beat and duct taped to the chair until he produces.

Awww... i'n't it cute!

Mmmm... nummy too...
Sheep cake my favorite:D

"Bullets" added.

:roll:

Excellent job on the bullets!

thanks for making me think of this song Annie;) i saw them when I was 14...many moons ago.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.